Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn
£1100

Bobthedog

For trade only; my cosseted four string 2013 Fender Jazz Bass Deluxe with fitted John East Retro Deluxe pre amp. Comes with the OEM pre amp, case and candy.

I am looking for an equivalent quality / value Jazz 5 - it does not have to be Fender, What have you?

The bass is immaculate with no dings but being black it does show some light swirl marks on the body.

I can provide more pics to evidence the above, if needed, but only have these at the moment.

[attachment=236987:New Rig Jul15.JPG]

[attachment=236988:J East Retro Deluxe.jpg]

Happy to deliver, within reason, so both parties can ensure they are happy to trade.

Edited by Bobthedog

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1487059763' post='3236553']
Nice. Like you, I'm after a 5 string version though. How is the East compared to the stock Fender preamp?
[/quote]
Thank you. I originally bought the East to help with volume issues I was having when I first got the Jazz. It has, however, a very different tone. Much more vintage and perhaps less "crisp"? Fort me it certainly is a keeper on the bass but recommend trying one if you can before buying.

[quote name='Bobthedog' timestamp='1487074875' post='3236745']
Thank you. I originally bought the East to help with volume issues I was having when I first got the Jazz. It has, however, a very different tone. Much more vintage and perhaps less "crisp"? Fort me it certainly is a keeper on the bass but recommend trying one if you can before buying.
[/quote]

Thanks for that. I just wondered how they compared. I've got an East in my Lakland DJ5, and for me, it transformed the bass. GLWTS.

[quote name='therealting' timestamp='1487630385' post='3241422']
Why not list it elsewhere AND leave it up? Never know when the right person will see it.
[/quote]

Because this thread has had over 1,100 views and I have more than covered the potential market here. I have lost interest in having to come back every 36 hours to bump the thread.