Why become a member? ×

Hartke VX3500 - Faulty Head

Joeytempero

[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
So I have had the combo for around 10 years. Bought it brand new from Dolphin Music in Liverpool.[/size][/font][/color]
Last summer during a rehearsal, the glass fuse in the amp died. Replaced it and boom, dead again.[/size][/font][/color]
I had it looked at by a guy in Edinburgh and they said the power transformer is buggered and it would be more expensive to replace than to buy a new one. [/size][/font][/color]
Wanted to post and see if I should condemn it or see if theres any last ditch effort that I can make to fix it.[/size][/font][/color]

SIDE NOTE - If anyone happens to be selling a HA3500 head, let me know.

If it is the power transformer then it's a special one for that amp, I've just looked at the circuit diagram. Might be worth contacting Hartke directly but I imagine it would probably cost in the £50-100 bracket then you'd have to pay a couple of hours labour for fitting it. Of course once it is replaced there's possibly something else wrong that overloaded the transformer. As you've realised a second hand amp is a cheaper option. DIY is only an option in any case if you are a competent engineer as you are messing around with mains voltages and high capacity condensers.

Bad luck