Why become a member? ×

Squier Bass VI *Sold*
£250

Woodinblack

I bought this White Bass VI before Christmas because it was the right colour and it was local to me.
I had a bass VI before, a black one, and I got the black because it was the only one available when they had just come out. I kept it a while, played it live a couple of times but decided it wasn't for me.

But then I missed it and this came up, so I bought it.

Turns out, it probably still isn't for me.

Then an Ibanez SCR6 turned up, and I picked that up the other day. Even if it wasn't for me I really don't need two different short scale guitar basses, so this has to go.

Usual stuff, if you know what this is. Squier 6 string bass tuned like a guitar but down an octave with 30" scale neck, and frankly not very useful tremelo bar. In fact this one is less useful as I didn't get the tremelo for it. That wasn't a problem for me as they are in the chocolate teapot category on a bass, but yes, it should have one and it doesn't. It has 3 single coils, a switch for each, a strangle switch (bass cut), volume and tone.

Its white with a tort pickguard. I haven't taken any pics yet as it is dark, but I will get one when I can do it in the light. In the mean time it looks pretty well like all the others.

It is pretty well unmarked. and everything works as it does (obviously didn't try the trem).

Bad points:
The afore mentioned lack of trem arm.
I would say that it could do with the relief on the neck being done. It plays fine without any fret issues, but the neck looks shimmed and the bridge isn't that low. The top string is a bit close to the edge of the neck for my liking. It doesn't slip off but it doesn't look quite right. Not sure if this is a feature as my last one was like that too.

I will get some pics up soon, but it does look like all the rest.

I am mainly looking for money for this, I need to get the bass collection down, even I now think I have too many, so not interested in trades for basses (apart from ibanez fretless). Can't think of anything else I want - maybe a source audio manta filter. Otherwise I am good.

So offers welcome.

Edited by Woodinblack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...