Why become a member? ×

Help with Ashdown James Lomenzo Hyperdrive settings needed

markdavid

Hi all
Have recently brought an Ashdown James Lomenzo Hyperdrive and so far really like it, i can very easily dial in a good metal bass tone but it would be awesome if i could use this pedal in my classic rock (cream,hendrix etc) band but i am struggling to dial in a good warm overdrive, has anybody who has used this pedal got any good settings for this that they could share? Thanks

I don't think the Lomenzo really does warm drive (I say that as the biggest advocate of the pedal there's likely to be around here). I think the intention with the pedal, and how Lomenzo uses it himself, is well explained in his youtube video. You'll note from the video that his bass sound is lovely and warm BEFORE he kicks the pedal on...

For a warm drive I'd recommend the BJFE version of the Blueberry, as I frequently do! They're pricey, but if you know somebody handy with a soldering iron pedalparts.co.uk do a complete clone kit. I use the Lomenzo and a Blueberry clone combined to great effect (pun intended).

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1486025482' post='3228547']
If you search YouTube there's a video of James Lomenzo demo'ing the pedal himself. He gets some really cool tones from it on the vid.
[/quote]

Thanks, will check out the vid

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1486026042' post='3228551']
You'll note from the video that his bass sound is lovely and warm BEFORE he kicks the pedal on...
[/quote]

Ok thanks, i have a Boss bass eq pedal pedal so I might try using it before the overdrive boosting the lows slightly and cutting the highs and high mids slightly, I think this may work especially as this pedal only applies the effect to the mids

Used the Ashdown hyperdrive at band practice tonight and found that it actually went fine with the music we were playing, i started with pretty conservative settings and found that with the drums and guitar in the mix the effect became a lot less evident so i cranked the drive to about 3 quarters of the way, sounded pretty good and not overly harsh like it sounds like at home with these setting