[b]Spec[/b]
’62 medium relic P, Sonic blue over Olympic white
Medium relic
Amber tinted glossy maple board with the rolled fingerboard edges
41mm at nut, 60s style P neck shape
'Aged' white pickguard

[b]Pics[/b]

[b]Sounds[/b]
Soundclips coming soon! First impressions: strung with Fender flats, played at band rehearsal and had a beautiful tone, warm but not flabby, and a nice responsive tone pot.

Ordering experience was very smooth, Mark was very responsive throughout and I'm really happy - especially as I have its brother coming soon too!

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1486135754' post='3229526']
Is that a C neck profile?
[/quote]

Afraid to say I don't know!! Just right for my hand though, not a baseball bat but a meaty grip.

[quote name='jimbartlett' timestamp='1486129402' post='3229446']
How are you finding the pickups? I asked Mark to wind me some 60's Vintage for my Bitsa and I love them!
[/quote]

Love 'em, chunky with a classy edge. In fact you can hear them here:

[url="https://soundcloud.com/the_expandables/sets/noble-preamp-clips"]https://soundcloud.c...le-preamp-clips[/url]

Edited by Kevsy71

Very nice indeed. Welcome to the club!

As an aside, as my Limielight is approaching it's 2nd birthday, I thought I'd post up a shot of the 'real' wear along with observations about how it compares to the relic'd wear.

The first thing I noticed is that the area of undercoat that's visible is much greater in real life than the relic finish. Secondly, where the finish is worn through to the bare wood there is still had colour deeply embedded into the grain. Finally, the worn finish isn't uniform or completely smooth like the relic'd areas.

None of these are complaints - just observations. The finish is quite soft unlike the super-thick polyurethane on the Tokai so it picks up bumps, bangs and scratches easily but that just adds to the character of the finish. This is especially true around the body end of where my DiMarzio clip strap rubs.

Still love this bass to bits and really pleased with Mark's work.

[attachment=237619:IMG_6594 (1).jpg]

Edited by DaytonaRik

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1507645350' post='3386956']
I keep seeing Limelight basses that look fantastic , but I'm not sure what exactly they are

Are they complete new builds or actual fenders which have been worked on ?
[/quote]

They are new builds. The components are of very high quality, and the build and finish is fantastic, and to your spec / requirements... Although they don't do a "pristine" finish
you get the amount of relicing you specify - they will even match the wear on a bass, to one you have a photo of.

As Discreet says, you simply contact Mark via his classicandcoolguitars.co.uk site and email him.
plus there are some fab collectors guitars & basses for sale on the site, plus plenty of examples of Limelights he's built for previous customers
I've played 3 Limelights now, and they were all superb. There was one for sale locally that I tried.... and stupidly let go, because I thought I needed to sell a bass at the time :(

However, having reached something of a milestone in work recently, I decided to treat myself and have one built! :) :) :) It should be with me in a few weeks... so I'm getting quite excited
As others have said, those of us of a certain age could never afford a Y.O.B. bass - let alone one in the exact colour & model we'd like... so a Limelight is the next best (and most affordable) thing

EDIT: Hope it's OK to post a link to the site? Mark is a really nice guy to do business with, and I've heard nothing but good reports from those who've met him & ordered basses
[url="http://classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/"]http://classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/[/url]

Edited by Marc S