Why become a member? ×

ALL SORTED :D

DawnPatrol1990

[s]Hey guys

I've got a Dunlop Bass Wah on my pedal board which i love but I'm finding the release, or bypass (however or whatever it's called) to be a bit long. When i take my foot off of the wah, it returns to normal but the wah remains active for about a second which is really inconvenient and completely sucks out my tone. This is especially bad as my tone is very bright and driven so it just sounds like a horrible fuzz for a second or two. Is there a way that I can set the pedal so it cuts off immediately or is this a common issue with the dunlop wahs? If the latter, i'll be selling it and getting a Morley!

Thanks
Stevie [/s]

Sort now thanks :)

Edited by DawnPatrol1990

I'm not familiar with the Dunlop Bass wah (I use a Morley Bad Horsie amongst others for guitar). The Bad Horsie has a pot which can adjust the delay.

With the Dunlop I would imagine the delay is controlled by a preset resistor and capacitor (RC network), and if this is the case it would simply be a case of locating them on the PCB and reducing their values to taste. Do you have a schematic (or have you been able to find one on the Web)?

It's adjustable via a trimpot. If you set the delay too short though it might switch off when in actual fact you just wanted it to hover in the heel down position for a bit.

A far better design is the G-Lab Wowee - it uses a pressure sensitive switch to activate a relay, as a result there is zero delay when you step on/off.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1486144948' post='3229663']
It's adjustable via a trimpot. If you set the delay too short though it might switch off when in actual fact you just wanted it to hover in the heel down position for a bit.

A far better design is the G-Lab Wowee - it uses a pressure sensitive switch to activate a relay, as a result there is zero delay when you step on/off.
[/quote]

Cheers dude! Found the internal trim pot and adjusted it to zero. Turns out it was on full! All sorted and my gripe all gone. Pedal sounds great and cuts off perfectly!

Thanks for the other suggestions though Morgano!