Why become a member? ×

32" Medium Scale Jazz Bass Neck

Rumple

I have an notion to convert my cheap Bitsa Jazz Bass to medium scale, ideally I would have just picked up a cheap neck from Ebay but try as I might I can't find a Fender shaped neck in 32" scale.

So my question is has anyone had a custom Fender style neck made for them in the UK for a reasonable price?

• 2 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'd be interested to know as well. Apart from Warmoth, are there any other aftermarket suppliers of 32" necks or is a custom job the only way?

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1491496124' post='3273528']
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'd be interested to know as well. Apart from Warmoth, are there any other aftermarket suppliers of 32" necks or is a custom job the only way?
[/quote]

I found [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371743923707?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT"]these[/url] in the US but I haven't given them a go, I think they quoted about $50 to ship to the UK, if you try them please report back.

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1491505634' post='3273633']
Thanks Dave, hmm I'll give that option some thought but to be honest would prefer a finished neck. Drilling the tuner holes might exceed my woodworking skills! Ian
[/quote]

For an extra fee they will cut the headstock and drill tuner holes for you, but my thinking was that by the time you've paid for all that and import duties then you might as well see if you can find a UK Luthier to make you one.