Why become a member? ×

Dingwall NG2 neck

fretmeister

Mine (2016 Combustion model not NG2 but has the same neck) was thicker than my Stingray 5 and Ibanez SR1205. It's the only real reason I sold it, as I need a pretty thin neck to feel comfortable.

It's all subjective though, I suppose.

Edited by Rikki1984

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1486142648' post='3229635']
What is the neck shape like compared to the ABZ and Combustion?

I see adverts saying 'new fast shape' type things, but without an explanation of the shape.

I've owned an ABZ and quite liked it, but if the neck was a little slimmer front to back then the NG2 might have to go on my list.
[/quote]

I can't quite recall, the NG2 is certainly not slimmer than an ABZ/AB neck, I seem to recall the 'new' shape was actually slimming the old combustion neck to match the ABZ/AB basses. Don't quote me on it as I am not 100%, but it isn't 'slimmer' than an ABZ for sure.

I tried Combustion and NG2 18mths ago and found them pretty much feeling the same. The only differance was the tonal range with the NG2 having the Darkglass pre-amp. In passive mode it was down to pick up position affecting the tone. NG2 more mid punch sounding with the combustion more off an all rounder tone.
Neck and feel same IMO.

For a 5 stringer i thought it felt slim and so easy to play.
Take a trip to Bass Direct and try them out.

Dave

I've just recently bought a Combustion 4 which has a really slim neck, finish is amazing I was shocked, Bass just sounds and feels great for the price point with such flexible sounds too.

They really are worth checking out, I'm seriously considering an NG2 next but a 5.

Good luck

[quote name='Defo' timestamp='1486814381' post='3234715']
My Combustion (not NG2) certainly feels thinner than my ABZ, thinnest of all my basses in fact
[/quote]
How old is your ABZ?

The NG2 neck is not thinner than any AB or ABZ built since the NG2 came out. I believe they have the same profile.