Why become a member? ×

Fender 60's Vintage Reissue Jazz Basses?

kolossusuk

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Some time ago, I acquired, as part of a trade, a Fender 60's Vintage[/size][/font][/color][color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3] Reissue Jazz Bass. Offwhite with tort scratchplate and chrome bridge cover MIM... [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]What is it that makes it any better than and distinguishes it from the run of the mill MIM jazz basses? Must say build quality is v good and the only mod is it is now running a set of active EMGs instead of stock..[/size][/font][/color]

Alnico pickups on the 60's RI.? Standard single coils on the standard MIM model. Both made of Alder, Both have maple necks, rosewood board, while the standard MIM comes with a maple FB as well. Both have three piece bodies. Someone will come along and correct me I'm sure. Must sound great with the active EMG's.

Do you have any pics.?

Edited by bubinga5

I've had two MiM 60s classic Jazz Basses, still have the nitro finish one I bought new 4 years ago. Definitely better than the standard MiM I had a couple of years back. I was shocked to see on Fender's site that the RRP for these is £1200 now, that's more than I paid for a new US Standard last year!

I can't really put my finger on why it is better, but it definitely feels and sounds different to the Mexican standard.