Why become a member? ×

Inflated ticket prices -- petition

Rich

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1486295857' post='3230605']
done, but we have the power to stop them, just don't use them, as with inflated ticket prices, supply and demand is what it's all about
[/quote]

I don't, I go and see tribute bands instead!

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1486296036' post='3230609']
I don't, I go and see tribute bands instead!
[/quote]I'm with you on that one, but most folk seem perfectly happy to pay inflated ticket prices to see their heroes on video screens in aircraft hanger type venues

I think the best petition would be for, when a biggie gig comes along, like the Ed Sheeran one, the touts etc buy the tickets, put them up for sale and NO-ONE buys them. Leave them having bought all of that for nothing. Problem is, that`s very unlikely to happen.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1486298205' post='3230628']
I think the best petition would be for, when a biggie gig comes along, like the Ed Sheeran one, the touts etc buy the tickets, put them up for sale and NO-ONE buys them. Leave them having bought all of that for nothing. Problem is, that`s very unlikely to happen.
[/quote] This.

After all the only thing that's going to stop it is market forces. And this Government won't be doing anything to stop something that shows market forces work.

Edited by Grangur

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1486298205' post='3230628']
[/quote]

Consumer 'strike' is an underused weapon. I do wonder if the 'touts' physically buy tickets or are there other 'special arrangements' in place. John Mayer tour had uk tickets released at 9.00 a.m and by 9:02 these were sold out. Pretty amazing all round purchasing and processing rate. Needless to say the tickets have appeared at vastly higher prices.

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1486317892' post='3230849']

Consumer 'strike' is an underused weapon. I do wonder if the 'touts' physically buy tickets or are there other 'special arrangements' in place. John Mayer tour had uk tickets released at 9.00 a.m and by 9:02 these were sold out. Pretty amazing all round purchasing and processing rate. Needless to say the tickets have appeared at vastly higher prices.
[/quote]
Fleetwood Mac too, just to name 1.

I'd bet anything that there's a lot of deals done before the launch.

Signed, but I have to agree with the previous comments, I doubt it will have much of an impact.

I was offered the chance to buy tickets at face value for Ed Sheeran's up coming Nottingham gig, I let my colleagues have them I am washing my hair that night :mellow: I have already seen comments as to how much they could sell them for........I somehow doubt our MD will be over impressed if he finds any have been sold for inflated prices though!

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1486321539' post='3230897']
I just read in todays paper that one of the writers has tickets for a show, no idea which, and he has to turn up in person with ID and the card used to purchase the ticket in order to get in. Seems reasonable to me.
[/quote]
Ah, so that's it chaps. All the touts are out of business. Job done.

Man, that petition was effective! :P

Iron maiden have tried to erase the tout from the process by telling us that if a ticket is not bought from the primary seller, it is void.
It's quite probable that the gig mentioned above is for the maiden tour later in the year. No id/ confirmation email- no entry.

The largest problem with this whole issue is that these 'secondary ticket sources' are a part of the primary, so these people are essentially selling the tickets to themselves, and then reselling them at a higher price.