Why become a member? ×

NLBD (Nearly last bass day)

kodiakblair

Nearly last bass day for more than one reason :) First is there's only 2 Peavey USA bass models I don't own,down to 1 now.

Second. On the drive home from collecting it I was in a car crash. Both me and bass had a very lucky escape with minor injuries,
car is a total write off :(

So it's the Peavey Midibase (later called Cyberbass due to trademark issues),Peavey took up the Midibass after Wal dropped it
probably about 1989/90. Triggers are in the frets but you can play normal bass too. Sounds like a VFL Foundation but it has a
wider nut.

Given the scarcity of these I'll admit to surprise when it appeared for sale. The receiver and Spectrum sound module were included
but a hobble round the house tonight only turned up one Midi cable :angry: Plugged into the Roland Sound Canvas and right off I had
sound. A change of technique will be necessary to trigger all the notes but to be honest it'll just be one for the collection.

Reckon I'm about 30 year to late to be learning about MIDI
[attachment=237680:IMAG0569.JPG]

Edited by kodiakblair

Aye it's a cool wee thing,shame I'm thick an can't make head nor tail of the manual.

Keys on one string,drums on another.Looks like you can trigger samples by linking them to certain frets ??

All a bit much.

Regarding the missing models, well I'm not counting fretless versions nor things like 1st gen Dyna vs 2nd Gen Dyna. The promo basses
like Jack Daniels or John Taylor Liberator are out too.

From the USA basses there's just the RJ-IV missing. Just remembered from the Far East basses there's the Korean Fury and couple of the Milestones.

I'll change the first post to say " Peavey USA bass models "