Why become a member? ×

How can I get into my Fender Frontman 60B amp?

Grangur

Hi there,

I've just picked up a Fender Frontman 60B. The pots could benefit from a squirt of some cleaner, but I can't seo how I can break into this thing.

I've removed the 4x black screws with the countersink washers, but the head doesn't seem to want to budge. So does anyone know what else I need to do to get in there?

Cheers

I don't know that particular amp and I may be teaching grandmother to suck eggs but two things I've found in the past. if the thing has never been apart before then glue used for the covering sometimes sticks the chassis in place if it a tight fit and a judicious wiggle frees it, Or a tap with a hammer if you use something to stop it marking the bit you whack, I use a rubber sanding block for that.

Before I did that I'd remove the nearby corners and handles, the bolts/screws sometimes go right through the cab and screw into the chassis.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1486588469' post='3233121']
Hi there,

I've just picked up a Fender Frontman 60B. The pots could benefit from a squirt of some cleaner, but I can't seo how I can break into this thing.

I've removed the 4x black screws with the countersink washers, but the head doesn't seem to want to budge. So does anyone know what else I need to do to get in there?

Cheers
[/quote]

Normally for that type of setup there will be a screw or two on either side of the cab that you will need to undo.
Check to see if the grill covering the speaker comes of as it may reveal some fixings from the front. Or it may be the front panel is fixed and you need to undo all the pots and jacks from their housings to release the rest of the amp section...

I know that you have solved your problem with removing it but I thought I would just add that we have an amp at home where the bolts that attach the handle go into the amp chassis and need to be removed before the amp can slide out. Maybe that it the case on this amp?