Why become a member? ×

SOLD! YAMAHA TRB6P II
£1700

michele

SOLD!

[size=3][font=Helvetica]Up for sale is an incredibly mint condition Yamaha TRB6P II built in March 2009.[/font]
[font=Helvetica]By mint I say not a single scratch, ding, hardware discoloration, whatever…NOTHING. You'll swear it just left Yamaha Japan factory.[/font]
[font=Helvetica]For those not familiar with the instrument, this is the very high end version built in Japan featuring premium woods.[/font]
[font=Helvetica]This one have a swamp ash body sandwiched between a maple back top and an AMAZING flamed maple front top with a gorgeous criss-cross pattern.[/font]
[font=Helvetica]Neck-through construction with a five piece maple/walnut neck. Fingerboard is jet black ebony with real mother of pearl dots.[/font]
[font=Helvetica]Neck is straight as an arrow and the bass have an amazing 1.5 mm action measured at 12th fret. Couple this with the very thin front to back neck profile and you have a bass that almost plays itself.[/font]
[font=Helvetica]Pickups has been changed to EMG 45TWX. Each pickup is wired for single coil/dual coils operation (push/pull) and tone control. Mix that with the Yamaha piezo system and you have an arsenal of tones at your fingertips.[/font]
[font=Helvetica]Of course, the original Yamaha pickups and electronics are perfectly functioning and included in the sale. [/font]
[font=Helvetica]Original hardshell case included.[/font]

[font=Helvetica]Reason for selling is I have my eyes on something else and GAS is very bad. However I'm not in hurry to sell and a have no intention to give away a bass of this league for peanuts so, please, no lowball offer. A similar bass sold last week at Bassdirect for 2300 GBP...[/font][/size]

[size=3][b][font=Helvetica]Price is Eur 1500 (which is 1300 GBP at today's rate exchange).[/font][/b]
[font=Helvetica]Price includes shipping to Europe via Air Courier, tracking number provided.[/font]

[font=Helvetica]Thanks for looking. Here come the eye candies….[/font][/size]

[center][b]Salva[/b][/center]
[center][size=2][b]Salva[/b][/size][/center]

Edited by michele

Had one of those after selling my Trb 6 John Patitucci ( 6JP). In my humble opinion the 6p2 was better in every aspect - better electronic, better and more even tone across the fingerboard, less neck dive and actually practically no dead spots... Amazing sounding bass and built like a TANK!
Probably the best non custom 6 string on the market if you can handle 35" and the weight 😊

Have a bump - GREAT bass!

Edited by johnny1982

Thanks for the bump man, and yes you nailed it right. The piezo system alone (not present on Patitucci model) blended with the two pickups allows for multiple tonal nuances.
Since you mentioned scale length and weight, I must add that:

Weight is 5 kg, which is not bad at all for a 6 strings. This one as a swamp ash body sandwiched between maple tops (could be seen clearly in the right forearm resting area) so forget about those TRB Serie I all maple boat anchors!

Aside from the fact that the difference from 34" to 35" is merely 1 mm per fret, for comfort I find way more important the neck profile and this one has a nice flat, thin profile that makes it a breeze to play even in the frets 1-5 region. Granted, I've had 33" scale basses that didn't played so effortless.

[quote name='johnny1982' timestamp='1487240686' post='3238248']
Had one of those after selling my Trb 6 John Patitucci ( 6JP). In my humble opinion the 6p2 was better in every aspect - better electronic, better and more even tone across the fingerboard, less neck dive and actually practically no dead spots... Amazing sounding bass and built like a TANK!
Probably the best non custom 6 string on the market if you can handle 35" and the weight

Have a bump - GREAT bass!
[/quote]

Thanks Mark!

Ok guys, I've pull the trigger on a bass and I've been offered a part exchange SO before I trade the bass to the shop here's your opportunity to grab this beast for 1300 gbp or 1500 euros shipped.
This is a 48h limited offer then the bass goes to the shop!

Edited by michele