Why become a member? ×

Interesting musical places to visit in London

andyonbass

So my 18yr old daughter (who is an inspired beginner bass player) is spending this weekend in London, with a group of (non bass playing but music loving) friends and is looking for some interesting music related places to visit.
I've suggested Denmark Street (or what remains of it), but at a bit of a loss for anywhere else. I don't think something like the Bass Gallery is likely to enthral her friends, however interesting it would be for her so I'm looking for ideas to entertain them.
Any good music pubs around the Northolt area?
All suggestions welcome :)
Cheers
Andy

Edited by andyonbass

[quote name='solo4652' timestamp='1486675778' post='3233831']
How about Jimi Hendrix's flat: [url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34647637"]http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-34647637[/url]
[/quote]

Its not very big, and of course half of its devoted to Handel

[quote name='TrevorR' timestamp='1486684224' post='3233912']
Not been yer but there's the new big GuitarGuitar in Camden. An area which also has many good music venues, of course (my personal fave being Green Note - but that may be a bit too Americana for the gang).
[/quote]

+1 Camden's usually got something on. If they like the heavier end of things the Black Heart is a rock pub with bands on upstairs most weekends, and there's often something happening on the Lock or at the Stables Market (not Camden Market, which is largely over priced T-shirts). A lot of record shops round there too.

There's also an exhibition on at the V&A museum about the late 60's music culture, but they may need to book as the link says it's very busy at the weekend:

https://www.vam.ac.uk/shop/whatson/index/view/id/2183/event/You-Say-You-Want-a-Revolution--Records-and-Rebels-1966---1970/dt/2017-02-10/free/2

I presume shes's staying with some friends or something as Northolt isn't exactly a buzzing music hub of west london.
I used to practice in a place in Perivale although I live much further south these days SPECIFICALLY for this reason. locally the best bets for entertainment would be Harrow , or Ealing,
The Usurp Art gallery might be worth checking out AS would be the trinity bar alhough it seems to have become a big more Dj oriented, these days.

For my money I'd wager the group will spend most of there time over the other side of london , areas like hoxton , Shoreditch " the Hip part of town " .

Christ i sound old ...... it was only 5 years ago when those places were paradise ... now i want a jam night at a local pub that i can get a table and server in under 5 mins not standing room only in a packed out lounge.

[quote name='TrevorR' timestamp='1486684224' post='3233912']
Not been yer but there's the new big GuitarGuitar in Camden.
[/quote]

Is there? 😕 ... off to google...

... blimey your right there is, it's just off the high street behind sports direct, how the hell have I missed that... How long has it been open?

I'll pop down when it opens this morning :)

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I pointed them to this thread and it turns out they've had a great time. Not sure where they've been yet though!!
[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1486674512' post='3233805']
She'll undoubtedly visit Abbey Road and with 3 of her friends hold up traffic... :D :D
[/quote].[attachment=237996:16684848_10208376981602760_2024093481_n.jpg]
Thanks again!

Edited by andyonbass