Why become a member? ×

Tina Weymouth

fleabag

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1487068164' post='3236646']
She always looks very awkward when she is playing bass. Efficient and a decent player, but she doesn't look comfortable to me
[/quote]
I don't think looking comfortable was a requirement of TH membership - wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Byrne actively discouraged it :blink:

[quote name='rushbo' timestamp='1487027783' post='3236472']
This is the great Tina Weymouth being great.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LftzRjilTEI[/media]
[/quote]

Not heard that one before. Nice! Sounds very like XTC to me.... :)

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1487068164' post='3236646']
She always looks very awkward when she is playing bass. Efficient and a decent player, but she doesn't look comfortable to me
[/quote]

Yeah i got that too. Something a bit ungainly and stiff ...cant put me finger on it, but nevertheless... efficient and decent , as you say

Stop Making Sense is a classic. I remember seeing it at our local 'art-house' cinema (the Phoenix in Finchley Central) just after it was released and within 20 minutes everybody was up bopping in the aisles. Re the lovely Tina, I'd say she was just a bit highly strung - or maybe just high.

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1487270775' post='3238562']
Stop Making Sense is a classic. I remember seeing it at our local 'art-house' cinema (the Phoenix in Finchley Central) just after it was released and within 20 minutes everybody was up bopping in the aisles. Re the lovely Tina, I'd say she was just a bit highly strung - or maybe just high.
[/quote]

We were the same. It was showing at the cinema at the top of O'Connel Street in Dublin for a long time.

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1487270775' post='3238562']
[/quote]

An American friend was round and leafing through my record collection, pulling out the occasional oddity or something he considered curious. I tried to be cool and say "yeah this was the first record I ever bought" re Stop Making Sense. "Oh, Talking Heads? yeah, nice. I was at the gig where they recorded that show"