Why become a member? ×

SOLD. Squier SQ Series 3TSB Precision. Big price drop!
£425

itsmedunc

Weight update - Will, a previous owner says it weighs bob on 9lb.

I've finally found a lightweight spare, so this is now has to go.

Price reduced to £375 and the buyer either collects (which is preferable) or arranges their own courier.

Really dont want to part with this but I have to get it in my head that it is now too heavy for me!

Squier SQ Precision. Dates to around 83/84. 3 Tone Sunburst, white plate, rosewood board. Great condition for it's age but it's not like new. It has dings an dongs which can only be expected for a bass that has been played and gigged for 30 odd years. Nice low action and plays/sounds every bit as good as my JV 57.

Strung with flats and has a true big Precision sound. All original as far as I'm aware. A previous owner has had his name scribed on the metal neck pate. I quite like that, as it adds to it's history.

Selling as I'm not using it as it's a bit too heavy for me now. Probably weighs about 9 1/2lb.

Comes with padded gig bag.

Collection much preferred but will post at buyers risk and cost. Will be well packed. Might be able to meet up if not too far from BB22SH.

Edited by itsmedunc

Beautiful bass!

It's hard when you're head says sell and your heart isn't in it - I did the same last year with a precision that had been my main bass for 10 years, but just got too heavy for me thanks to the lingering effects of a shoulder injury.

Good luck with the sale tho - looks like a great bass!

[quote name='bassbiscuits' timestamp='1486850628' post='3235087']
Beautiful bass!

It's hard when you're head says sell and your heart isn't in it - I did the same last year with a precision that had been my main bass for 10 years, but just got too heavy for me thanks to the lingering effects of a shoulder injury.

Good luck with the sale tho - looks like a great bass!
[/quote]

Tis woeful indeed. Hopefully, she will go to someone with a younger back!

Edited by itsmedunc

[quote name='kevvo66' timestamp='1487509998' post='3240300']
Very nice dunc, the Matt freeman are awesome basses I have one my self love the jazz neck and the weight is great also my main bass now and most played glwts
[/quote]

Cheers Kev! I hear very good reports about the Freeman. I'm sure I'll find one. Eventually!

[quote name='cameltoe' timestamp='1487720213' post='3242239']
I love the look of the SQ series. The Sen Ash looks incredible, like the early Fender logo JV's.

Shame about the weight but I've grown to find that weight really affects how I feel about a bass too. A smudge too heavy and it sits in its case more than it should.
[/quote]

Same here. It doesn't get used as much as it should. I've managed to find a light P now so it's farewell to the SQ...

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1487787987' post='3242949']
9 1/2 LB heavy!? Nahhh... I've got one that weighs 12lb. Would you like to swap? :P

(Actually mine's my go-to bass ATM. So it's going no where :D )
[/quote]

It is a fantastic bass -- Used to be mine and it weighed an accurate 9lb exactly when I had it -- It looks gorgeous and plays superbly ( Or it did when I had it )

Will.

[quote name='2x18' timestamp='1487789300' post='3242966']
It is a fantastic bass -- Used to be mine and it weighed an accurate 9lb exactly when I had it -- It looks gorgeous and plays superbly ( Or it did when I had it )

Will.
[/quote]
Seems like it's gaining weight with Mr itsmedunc.

[quote name='2x18' timestamp='1487789300' post='3242966']

Will.
[/quote]

Thanks for that Will. My scales are useless so I went for the max weight I thought it would be. Still sounds and plays very well.

It's gaining weight, the same as me!

[quote name='kevvo66' timestamp='1487838054' post='3243320']
Oh dunc temptation getting the better of me, I'd have it myself if I could sell my p bass
[/quote]

The markets doing my head in at the moment. Seems like very little is shifting...