Why become a member? ×

ever have those "lose the mojo" times ?

addictedtobass

I think we all go through times like this.
Mine lasted roughly 10 years :lol:
A lot of sh*t happened in the band I'd been in for many years, and looking back it was as much a social thing as it was a musical thing. Lost touch with everyone despite being friends. Then life became busier and it all became a blurry memory.
I didn't sell any gear luckily I didn't need to.
I started playing again a few years ago just for my own enjoyment. Then I found Basschat and GAS took over! I get frustrated with playing even now so just take a break until feel like picking it up again.

I hear you - I've been there and lost my mojo too in the past.

It can come from overdoing it and losing all the joy, or can come from playing with people or doing music you don't like.

There's nothing wrong with stepping away from an instrument for a bit - often helps refresh your brain and your approach, especially if it really makes you miss playing and keen to get back into it.

I didn't touch a bass for two years after a pretty acrimonious split with a band I'd invested a lot of time and energy with back in 2002.

But music is a lifelong thing isn't it.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

]

I hear you - I've been there and lost my mojo too in the past.

It can come from overdoing it and losing all the joy, or can come from playing with people or doing music you don't like.

....thats correct .
I ve been in a band for 7 years now and before the band would kick off I used to play 6 hours daily . The the band took off and I found myself playing less and less bass . Everytime I would pick up a bass I would try to write songs for the band and I would end up switching from bass to guitar to keys .always thinking maybe I shall try to write some tune instead then playing bass . In the end I ended up taking a year break and here we are ...... I forced myself to learn Havona and that is taking time but now I fing joy when playing bass again and band became second on the list.

I know just play bass