Why become a member? ×

NCD - Barefaced Two10: UPDATE

discreet

[b][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]NCD - Barefaced Two10: UPDATE[/font][/b]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][url="http://barefacedbass.com/product-range/retro-two10.htm"]http://barefacedbass...retro-two10.htm[/url][/font][list]
[*][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][b]Dimensions:[/b] 15" X 24" X 13" (38cm X 61cm X 33cm)[/font]
[*][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][b]Weight:[/b] 28lbs (13kg)[/font]
[*][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][b]Sensitivity[/b]: 98db[/font]
[*][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][b]Usable Frequency Range:[/b] 30Hz - 6kHz[/font]
[*][b]Drivers:[/b][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] 10CR250 10" X 2[/font]
[*][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][b]Amp Power:[/b] 100-500W RMS (safe up to 800W with clean sounds)[/font]
[*][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][b]Output:[/b] -125db[/font]
[*][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][b]Impedance:[/b] 4 ohms[/font]
[*][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][b]Price:[/b] £519 + shipping + cloth grille = £588[/font]
[/list]

[b]UPDATE:[/b]
I've now given the cab a good gigging and my impressions are thus:[list]
[*]It go very loud
[*]Dispersion is superb, bass can be heard everywhere on stage and in the room
[*]It's very light and portable and the build quality is excellent
[*]The 4-ohm version is the perfect one-cab gigging solution - for me
[*]Baked-in tone is lush, almost 'vintage' - but with fast attack, clarity and articulation
[*]Handles huge amounts of power without farting - big lows on tap if you want them
[*]Perfect for my thing, which is a P Bass strung with La Bella Flats
[*]Barefaced customer service second to none
[/list]
I play with a drummer who can get loud (too loud), but so far it has not been deemed necessary to go FOH with the bass. I can be clearly heard in the mix at all positions in the room. This using a 500W @ 4ohms Markbass SA450 with the master set no higher than the 10 o'clock position.

So I've had it a while, gigged with it for a while and in conclusion - I don't have cab GAS... at the moment. ;)

If for some insane reason I needed to get louder (why??) I'd buy another Two10 and an Ampeg V-4B 100W valve amp. Now that would make your nose bleed. :gas: Recommended.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1487154047' post='3237497']
Remind me, when it's upright... which one is the full range speaker?
[/quote]

I've no idea, I'll have to give it a listen and find out. Whether used horizontally or vertically it makes little difference to the dispersion, which is excellent.

[quote name='bertbass' timestamp='1487168455' post='3237709']
How does it compare to the 69er?
[/quote]

Hey Tel! Sound-wise it's broadly similar - it has that 'sealed cab' vibe. You could seamlessly use a Two10 for a small/medium gig if you're using a 69er for big gigs.

Having said that, I believe you could do fairly sizeable rooms with it depending on what sort of band you're in.

Obviously you could use a Two10 anywhere if you're going FOH. You'll definitely be heard on stage...

You might need a stand for it, or angle it up a bit if you're used to the 6X10 being somewhat closer to your ear-holes. :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Handwired' timestamp='1487189612' post='3237969']
Not according to Alex
[/quote]

'Sideways or upright - your choice!
The Two10 cab be used horizontally for maximum thump or vertically for increased clarity. Dispersion is equally good either way around.'

This from Barefaced's website. I can tell you from experience that dispersion is good vertically, but I haven't used it live horizontally, so can't comment on that.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1487154047' post='3237497']
Remind me, when it's upright. . . . which one is the full range speaker?
[/quote]

The one at the opposite end to the port. So stood up, the top speaker is full range.

Edited by dood

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1487264454' post='3238501']
Thanks Dan, I did not know that. :)
[/quote]

I can't remember if I mentioned it in my video review, but you can tell the difference up close anyway!