Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz Streamliner 900 FS (or FT MarkBass LM2/3, F500, F1) *** SOLD ***
£380

mcnach

I hope I don't regret this by my quest for bass domination is pushing me to let my beloved Streamliner 900 go.
It's in great condition, all the pointless blue leds work as designed (pointless but they do look pretty :lol:)

The reason I am letting it go is that the MarkBass LM3 I have seems to be more my thing. Both sound great, but with the MB I get what I want immediately, while the Streamliner has a lot more 'versatility' which a lot love and is a good thing for sure, but someone like me just cannot stop fiddling with the two different gain settings (and levels) and the different midrange centres etc... I already have one LM3 and I just want to have two of the same for backup purposes and for practice and rehearsal etc.

Anyway!
If you want a Streamliner 900... I have a clean one here.
If you would like to exchange it for your LM2 or LM3 (ideally LM3 as I like the pre/post DI switch on the outside and adjustable DI level... but I'd consider a well loved LM2 too)...

[color=#ff0000][b][u][size=5]NOTE: trade offers[/size][/u][/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b], please just PM me, as it seems to be against the rules to post those publicly and may get deleted without my ever seeing them otherwise.[/b][/color]

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1487072241' post='3236698']
Unbelievable Jose :o

15 hours after I bought something else THE amp comes up :rolleyes:.

Ah well, good luck, that monster wont be around long.
[/quote]

Really? :lol:
I've been dragging my feet about it as I feel naked with just one head (Murphy's law says THAT is when bad luck will strike and my other one will break down :P)... I'd have enjoyed that drive down the M6 :)

[quote name='ChunkyMunky' timestamp='1487075151' post='3236747']
Kind of tempting. I don't suppose you know the difference between this and the Shuttle stuff at all? :)
[/quote]

I used to have the Shuttle 9.2 too. I sold mine last year to buy again an LM3, and kept the Streamliner 900. And now I plan to let it go to have another LM3 or an LM2. You can't have too much of a good thing ;) Not that the Streamliner is bad, or the Shuttle, but I am attracted to the simplicity of the LM3, although I will miss sometimes the AUX input of the Streamliner (the Shuttle has one too).
Difference with the Shuttle 9.2? It's hard because the kind of sounds I aimed for I could get from either. I guess the 'drive' you get from the Streamliner is a 'fatter' kind (it's hard to explain! :lol:). The Streamliner is better at giving you a fat-on-the-verge-of-overdriven-but-not-quite type of sound, but I generally used both for strictly clean sounds. The Shuttle is less coloured, more like the MarkBass which is why I sold mine as I liked the idea of having two different sounding heads. I don't want to say the Streamliner is more 'retro' and fatter because that's what I heard about it at first and what put me off initially... when the truth is that you can get retro or modern clean 'hi-fi' type of sounds if you wish as well.
One big difference is the mids EQ. On the Shuttle it was semiparametric and you could dial in teh frequency centre you wanted. The Streamliner instead has a 3 position switch for 220, 600 and 2500Hz.... which is pretty useful and the frequencies very well chosen. Uf... not sure what else to say, how do you describe the sounds? :lol:
If you have any specific questions, I'll help the best I can. I had both Streamliner 900 and Shuttle 9.2 simultaneously for about 2 years, so I may be able to answer some questions from my experience with them.

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1487113070' post='3237302']
Great little amps (although not everyone's cuppa), to me it sounds best when you're getting to the end of the valves' clean range without the sound actually becoming obviously distorted.
[/quote]

It's a great sound, that, I admit.