Why become a member? ×

JoCee's debut album out today (Tues 14th Feb) - Me on bass

Sibob

Hi all,
[color=#000000][font=Calibri, sans-serif]
JoCee's debut album is out today after 9 months of writing, recording, mixing in amongst normal life. I’ve been with her since the band was a quartet (live it’s now 8-10 members usually), so very much feels like ‘my’ album as well, bit of a journey. It also means a lot as we started tracking about 2 weeks after my little boy was born, fantastic timing as usual Finn.[/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Calibri, sans-serif]
The whole album is my 1971 Precision with D'addario Chromes recorded by me remotely into a Focusrite Clarett 2Pre. I did nothing to the bass tracks before I sent them to the guitarist (who produced/mixed), where he added some compression and EQ'd it to sit with the kick on each track.[/font][/color]
Anyway, its on all digital platforms, streaming services etc, and Vinyl preorders are here: [url="http://www.joceesmusic.com/shop"]http://www.joceesmusic.com/shop[/url][/font][/color]
We have an album launch gig tonight (14th Feb - Valentines) at Ronnie Scotts Bar (the upstairs venue), where we’re piggy-backing the ‘Ruby Sings’ night to play some tunes from the album. So if you’re around that area, pop in.[/font][/color]
Cheers[/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Calibri, sans-serif]
Si[/font][/color]

Nice thats one of the venues I engineer for unfortunately I'm not in town this week otherwise I'd pop my head in

I appreciate its pretty late notice but give me a PM if you have any questions about house gear/venue

if not have a good gig I believe its a guy called Simba working upstairs tonight, he's a lovely guy and knows his stuff

Chris

[quote name='Chrismanbass' timestamp='1487075527' post='3236757']
Nice thats one of the venues I engineer for unfortunately I'm not in town this week otherwise I'd pop my head in

I appreciate its pretty late notice but give me a PM if you have any questions about house gear/venue

if not have a good gig I believe its a guy called Simba working upstairs tonight, he's a lovely guy and knows his stuff

Chris
[/quote]

Thanks very much, yes we've played there a few times and is always good fun! :)

[quote name='bassfan' timestamp='1487075625' post='3236760']
Just had a look at the website and a listen. Sounds great Si ! The effort has paid off, just listening on the ipad '71p sounds lovely. I might just order a copy of the album. Really like 'ain't your mama' & 'mistress'

Have fun tonight! ������
[/quote]

Glad you're enjoying it, yeah I'm really happy with how everything sounds, especially the bass :)

Cheers
Si