Why become a member? ×

If you could be in any band fantasy.

GreeneKing

I was listening to some Tool today and I thought to myself, if I could swap places with any bassist it would be Justin Chancellor. The tone, the riffs and the music! Okay it's a fantasy and this 62 year old average bass player knows that.

So, no 'clever' answers please. If you think it's pointless keep away, one word, a band present or past.

[b][size=5]TOOL[/size][/b]

I've only ever once wanted to be a member of a band that I wasn't already in, and that was early on in my bass playing days when there was an awesome Nottingham band called "None So Blind". From early 1981 when I first discovered them to the end of 1983 when their original drummer left (unfortunately IMO it all went downhill after that), I would have given anything to have had the opportunity to be their bass player. I had to settle for being a slightly obsessive fan, roadie and occasional sound engineer.

[quote name='PaulGibsonBass' timestamp='1487095041' post='3237036']
I'd be Paul McCartney, 1962 to 1970.

I wouldn't have minded being in Motley Crue too, although I think a couple of weeks would probably have been enough...
[/quote]

You can't be Paul McCartney for all of that era... one of them died - so which one would you be?

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1487095303' post='3237039']

You can't be Paul McCartney for all of that era... one of them died - so which one would you be?
[/quote]

I'd be the first one. Then I could think up 'Paul Is Dead' theories whilst giving my Rickenbacker a psychedelic paint job 😉