Why become a member? ×

La Bella 760 FL flats - stiff?

lownote

Chromes feel a bit stiffer to me. I prefer the TIs or for a cheaper set the Fender 9050CLs feel OK. I think the Fender strings are made by D'Addario so not sure why they might be so different to Chromes but to me they feel 'easier' to play.

[quote name='acidbass' timestamp='1487189548' post='3237965']
Stiffness and tension are probably not the same thing - flats by their nature are less pliable than rounds. Tension-wise, I find 760FLs to be somewhere between Roto Jazz 77s (very tight) and TI Jazz flats (very loose)
[/quote]

This ^

Roto 77s i had were really stiff, even tho the gauge was just 40-100. Really put me off flats.

But then I discovered Labellas and TIs, both of which are different, but both are much easier on the hands.

Has anyone tried the FGS version?
From LaBella's site:
[i]Our proprietary golden alloy ribbon wire used for the exterior wrap adds a tonal mid-range unlike any other flat wound on the market. La Bella Gold Flats also offer more attack and are slightly softer to the touch than our traditional stainless steel flat wounds.[/i]

http://www.labella.com/strings/category/4-string/