The time is:
10am-4pm on Sunday, April 2nd
The venue is:
The Memorial Hall, Cheddon Fitzpaine, near Taunton, Somerset TA2 8JY
Special guest (others to be invited):
Stephen Chown of Chowny Bass, who will bring some of his lovely basses and give an informal presentation on his experiences of designing basses and having them manufactured off-shore - initially in China and now India.
The hall is located 3 miles from M5 J25 in secluded woodland on the outskirts of the village. This is pretty much half way between Bristol and Exeter and should be comfortably less than an hour's drive from either city centre on a Sunday. For images and more information visit http://www.cheddonfi...o.uk/index.html
We've got exclusive use of the whole building for the day. The basses will be bashed in main hall (which also has a very impressive stage that we'll use for Stephen Chown's presentation and any other speaker/s I can organise) but there is also a smaller meeting/conference room that we could maybe use to display basses & equipment for sale on the day. There will be an entry fee of £10 per head (including raffle ticket) to cover costs and basic food, tea/coffee and soft drinks will be available as required at a small extra charge. Any surplus funds will be donated to a suitable music charity - let me have your suggestions please and I'll put them to a forum vote.
You are actively encouraged to bring any basses and gear that you think will be of interest (for hearing, playing, or buying) to other forum members - let me know what you're planning and I'll draw up a list of 'probables'. Please note that everybody will be responsible for ensuring the safety of their own gear on the day, so don't forget to pack your bass stands!
Watch this space for more details - all suggestions/questions welcome!
EDIT by Rich: attendee list added below as per Woodinblack's suggestion.
1. sbrag - Yamaha bb1100s, Shergold Marathon, MTD CRB, Orange Bass Terror, Barefaced Compact and some pedals.
2. Norm - Stingray 4 (could be up for sale as I'm playing 5's all the time these days), Squier Jazz 5, Trace v4, 2nd hand but minty Sqùier vm precision 5str, Barefaced vintage & some pedals.
4. Mornats - I'll bring my Yamaha TRBX 504 which is for sale. Might bring my MIM Fender P too but I'm sure you're all familiar with those yeah? Also got a Zoom b9 for sale which I can bring and if there's any interest in buying my Ashdown 220 touring combo with a vs 112 cab I'll bring it. If no interest I'll leave that one behind as boot space will be at a premium!
9. Pinball - G&L SB2, Stingray SR5 fretless.
10. TheRev - Double bass, Eminence EUB, Musicman Sterling, Euphonic Audio Doubler and BigE MAS45 cab plus a handful of preamps for people who like that sort of thing
14. GrahamT - NS Design CR5 Radius, Hohner The Jack Bass Custom V headless, Genz Benz Streamliner 600, Genz Benz Focus 112T cab, iPad with JamUp Pro amp and effects simulation software. Ashbory bass and my mint condition Crafter BA580EQ 5 string electric acoustic bass for sale. Also, if anyone has a Fender P or P/J 5 string or a G&L 2500 I would love to try these.
15. Woodinblack - Maruszczyk elwood, one of the Ibanez SRC6's, Ibanez SRFF705, Squier Bass VI (if not sold) or I guess anything else in the list - maybe plus SRF705 by then. Also G&L 2500.
19. Marc S
20. ChunkyMunky - Musicman Bongo 5HH (if it hasn't sold), Genz Benz ShuttleMax 12.0 and some pedals
21. Rich - 1980 Wal Pro 2E, Sire V7 5-string ash/maple. Possibly also Genz-Benz Shuttle 6.0 and EBS Neo 2x12. Also my Trantec S4.5 wireless system for sale, and a few odds'n'ends free to a good home.
22. Chienmortbb - Fender Aerodyne, Greg Bennett (Samick) Semi-Acoustic (that reminds me I must do a NBD for that), My home brew 500W amp and the new design Basschat 1x12 plus Compression Horn cabinet.
24. scrumpymike - Mensinger Cazpar 4p (s-s), Fender Rascal*, Gibson SG 120th Annivarsary Special (s-s), Scott Whitley SWB-1 (s-s), Hohner Jack*, Trace Elliot AH300SMC, Eden WTX260, Barefaced Compact G3 / Midget-T / One10, Bass Soul Food pedal. *Subject to not being sold by then
25. Stephen Chown - Chowny SWB-1 Scott Whitley Signature, Chowny CHB-1, Chowny CHB-2, Chowny NT-J and Chowny NT-B. And also a Chowny Fuzzster pedal.
26. yorks5stringer - 5 string Ibanez Artcore Semi, self- made 5 string Jazz and Minimark 802 combo. Also have a self-made EUB that I'm looking to move on.
27. 0175westwood29 - My stupidly big pedal board! with lots of cool stuff on! and my Squier vm jazzV with Nordstrand pickups aswell as my 6 string Esp. now amp wise ive got my ashdown ctm-100/810 rig only prob there is bringing my 810 but if people fancy trying that rig then im happy to bring it? Unless they sell ill also bring my Way Huge fat sandwich and boss Oc-3 octave im selling
28. Zummerbass - I can bring various bits and pieces.
29. Jimrs2k2 - Status kingbass black beauty, Fearful 15/6/1 & 15 sub, Genzbenz shuttlemax, Genzbenz 12", TE AH250 series 4, and a couple of ibanez . Etc etc.
30. David Koenig - Selection of Retrovibe kit.
31. Jabba the gut - I'll aim to come with some home built basses from the 'Build Diaries', a Markbass Blackline 250 head and either an Eden EX110 or TC RS112..
32. MoJoKe - I am now working more regularly/closely with MSL, so if anyone has any particular requests for anything Markbass (or dare I suggest DV Mark too?), I can arrange to bring demo stuff. We'll be showing off most of the new products at LBGS, including the Ninja 102-250 combo, the K1 combo (which will excite everyone who does a bit of slapping or uses a 2 or 4x10... it is SO HiFi and bright, and the single cab is louder than my two TRV cabs together), the new EVO dual channel head and a couple of new cabs.
34. funky8884 - JV P with flats, Cricket Bat , GK MB800 , Barefaced BB2.
35. Dom in Somerset - Fender Jazz, DA Bass Tele and maybe some other stuff
36. danbowskill - more than happy to bring my Fender super bassman 300 head and ampeg cab for anyone to try , with a bundle of pedals.
37. dave2115 -
38. Paul - selection of Zilla bass cabs. PULLED OUT 24/03
39. Mike Gillett - selection of Gillett electro-acoustic basses.
40. Phil Starr - Original Basschat 1 x 12 cab
41. GazWills - 1970's fender bassman 135 head, lots of pedals, plus a 1989 stingray and a 2003 AV62 P bass, depending on what I can fit in my car!
NOTE: Items known to be FS/FT now shown in bold/italic/underlined.
Edited by scrumpymike, 31 March 2017 - 11:13 AM.
Items added to my listing