Why become a member? ×

The BIG FAT South-West Bass Bash, nr Taunton, 2nd April

scrumpymike

Really sorry but I'm not going to be able to join you today. My wife has to work now so i am on childcare duty so wont be able to join you.

Im gutted but hope you gave a great day.

Sorry again.
Steve

Agree - very well organised, wish I could have got there earlier, so many things to see and people to talk to

[IMG]http://www.alienrat.co.uk/photobucket/P1050264_zpssx3x29vq.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.alienrat.co.uk/photobucket//P1050263_zpsveysiaci.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by Woodinblack

Highlights for me, 0175westwood29's even more mahoosive pedalboard (that has it's own wheeled flightcase!) Makes mad fuzz oscillating noises that just make me smile! Pinball's 5str G&L, nice bass. Yorks5stringer's 5str Shuker self build also very nice. Graham's 5str NS curved body again very nice bass. Home built basses on the left of Woodinblacks pic above (can't remember chaps name soz) were ace too. Chownys & retrovibes were fun to play & Gillette acoustics were works of art, fretless with piezo specially so. Didn't have time to play Rich's Wal or Woody's fanfret Ibanez. Thanks all t'was great!

I had a really busy week but am glad I made the effort today even (though I didn't seem to get around all the gear I would have liked to see..must be running out of steam)
The Gillet's were amazing, loveley tones and buid quality. I liked the Chowny Scott Whitley too as It's a lively little beast.
Other basses that stood out were the Burny Thunderbird, Norms Sqiuer Precision 5 and Stingray and I really enjoyed talking to the home builders. Dom's DA basses were really nice as were Jabba's natural ones pictured above. I sepecially liked that fretless...no controls but sounded great
Also thanks to Andy for letting me try a few ocave/fuzz pedals.
It was a great atmosphere...thanks to all involved

Edited by Pinball

[quote name='Norm' timestamp='1491157639' post='3270912']
Jabba! Thanks Rich, thats the fella! Agreed the 5 str was sweet! I think he got a couple of orders? 😎
[/quote]
I'm not surprised. If I had spare cash I'd snap that fiver up immediately.

[quote name='stevie' timestamp='1491157747' post='3270914']
Keep the pictures coming!
[/quote]
Oh, I think there'll be plenty of great pics. Miss Scrumpy spent the whole day snapping away!

OK so it's 10 to 8 and me and Mrs. Scrumpy are just about done returning the house from 'bash HQ' to its normal homely state. This was a truly wonderful day enjoyed by 35 Basschatters, sponsors and even the helpers - none of whom are bass fanatics but still swear they had a good time! I must say I had an absolute blast! Highlights for me were meeting everybody, playing Michael Gillett's wonderful basses, ditto a really nice Retrovibe Zygote, and trying (and liking) Charlie's TC Electronics RH450 thru my Barefaced stack. THERE WAS JUST SO MUCH BEAUTIFUL STUFF!! Mrs. Scrumpy thanks all those who went out of their way to say they enjoyed the catering. Scrumpy Janey took hundreds of photos (literally!) so watch this space - but not tonight! Thanks to everybody for attending the inaugural Taunton bash.

[quote name='Phil Starr' timestamp='1491154229' post='3270862']
Thanks Mike for all the hard work, really well organised and as someone has already said very civilised. The food was really excellent too, many thanks to your family and friends for doing that for us.
[/quote]

Absolutely. Well said! Well done all! Cracking day!

What a great event. I have my Tee Shirt on now and I promise to buy another mug next year Mike. I am so clumsy i might need one on mail order before then. The catering was excellent and yes i did make a point of telling team Scrumpy in person. The venue was ideal and you must have serious connections with the man upstairs for organising that weather. The real thing though it was just nice to be with people that appreciate bass. I was not there long enough to see much but that Barefaced 1x10 was so small. There was a lot of Trace stuff on show and I like that and there were some beautiful basses all over the hall.

Put me down for next year now please.

Edited by Chienmortbb