Why become a member? ×

The BIG FAT South-West Bass Bash, nr Taunton, 2nd April

scrumpymike

I'll bring my Yamaha TRBX 504 and my Nanyo Bass Collection SB320. Both for sale. I'll pay my basschat forum selling fee before I come along too. Might bring my MIM Fender P too but I'm sure you're all familiar with those yeah? ;) Also got a Zoom b9 for sale which I can bring and if there's any interest in buying my Ashdown 220 touring combo with a vs 112 cab I'll bring it. If no interest I'll leave that one behind as boot space will be at a premium!

I've invited Scott Whitley too in case it fits in with his gigging schedule or possibly a meeting with Stephen Chown (Scott recently transferred the SWB-1 business to him). He says he'd like to come and I'm really hoping he'll be able to make it. I've got a pre-Chowny SWB-1 and it really is a neat bass.

Scrumpymike- Mike Gillett of Gillett Guitars is only just up the road near Bridgwater (I think it's Enmore) and i'm sure he would be happy to bring along his awesome acoustic basses. I had a play on some at the 2016 Bass Show. They are stunning and by far the best acoustic bass that I have tried.
Mike's number is 01278 233010. [email protected]

..just a suggestion.

G

[quote name='GrahamT' timestamp='1487852973' post='3243523']
Scrumpymike- Mike Gillett of Gillett Guitars is only just up the road near Bridgwater (I think it's Enmore) and i'm sure he would be happy to bring along his awesome acoustic basses. I had a play on some at the 2016 Bass Show. They are stunning and by far the best acoustic bass that I have tried.
Mike's number is 01278 233010. [email protected]

..just a suggestion.

G
[/quote]

Wow, they look a bit special - great suggestion!! Invitation sent to Mike via his website contact address. Just up the road from me and I didn't even know about him.

You little beauties! This is just 28 minutes from my house! Count me in, I'll definitely be there! My hands work properly now!!!

I am now working more regularly/closely with MSL, so if anyone has any particular requests for anything Markbass (or dare I suggest DV Mark too?), I can arrange to bring demo stuff. We'll be showing off most of the new products at LBGS, including the Ninja 102-250 combo, the K1 combo (which will excite everyone who does a bit of slapping or uses a 2 or 4x10... it is SO HiFi and bright, and the single cab is louder than my two TRV cabs together), the new EVO dual channel head and a couple of new cabs.

Let me know what you'd particularly like to see, and I'll bring what I can!

MoJoKe and BassBod added to the list - we're up to 34 now :D

Re food, we've had a few kind offers of contributions but no need thanks - we're on top of it and will make sure there's enough for everybody. Provisional menu is:

[b]Continuous tea/coffee; sausage rolls; home-made veggie soup; chicken & ham pie*; home-made cheese coleslaw; home-made ratatouille; jacket tatties; home-baked banana loaf and apple cake.[/b]

[i]*our local butcher's finest[/i]

The aim is to cover our costs with any balance being donated to a suitable charity. The way the numbers are shaping up, the £10 a head entrance takings should be enough to do that.

Hey fellas

Looking good...hope it all goes well..

Suggestion?? - Any photographers in the fold?...the photo booth we have at the Herts Bash is always well received with attendees being able to get some quality photos taken with their gear. For a couple of quid donation to your charity of choice??

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1487877416' post='3243853']
Hey fellas

Looking good...hope it all goes well..

Suggestion?? - Any photographers in the fold?...the photo booth we have at the Herts Bash is always well received with attendees being able to get some quality photos taken with their gear. For a couple of quid donation to your charity of choice??
[/quote]

I'll have my camera as I'm probs thinking this could be kinda cool for my YouTube channel so I'm happy to get a few pics of the day and gear

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1487887410' post='3243994']
I'll have my camera as I'm probs thinking this could be kinda cool for my YouTube channel so I'm happy to get a few pics of the day and gear
[/quote]

Good stuff - I'm sure there'll be a few more photographers (me for one) to share the load.

[quote name='MoJoKe' timestamp='1487860040' post='3243637']
You little beauties! This is just 28 minutes from my house! Count me in, I'll definitely be there! My hands work properly now!!!

I am now working more regularly/closely with MSL, so if anyone has any particular requests for anything Markbass (or dare I suggest DV Mark too?), I can arrange to bring demo stuff. We'll be showing off most of the new products at LBGS, including the Ninja 102-250 combo, the K1 combo (which will excite everyone who does a bit of slapping or uses a 2 or 4x10... it is SO HiFi and bright, and the single cab is louder than my two TRV cabs together), the new EVO dual channel head and a couple of new cabs.

Let me know what you'd particularly like to see, and I'll bring what I can!
[/quote]

Ninja and K1 combos would be nice please Kevin?

Scrumpymike - Please update my entry on the list - I will be bringing my Ashbory bass and my mint condition Crafter BA580EQ 5 string electric acoustic bass for sale. Also, if anyone has a Fender P or P/J 5 string or a G&L 2500 I would love to try these.

Ta,
Graham

[quote name='GrahamT' timestamp='1488027599' post='3245141']
Scrumpymike - Please update my entry on the list - I will be bringing my Ashbory bass and my mint condition Crafter BA580EQ 5 string electric acoustic bass for sale. Also, if anyone has a Fender P or P/J 5 string or a G&L 2500 I would love to try these.

Ta,
Graham
[/quote]
Done.