Why become a member? ×

The BIG FAT South-West Bass Bash, nr Taunton, 2nd April

scrumpymike

[quote name='GrahamT' timestamp='1488027599' post='3245141']
Scrumpymike - Please update my entry on the list - I will be bringing my Ashbory bass and my mint condition Crafter BA580EQ 5 string electric acoustic bass for sale. Also, if anyone has a Fender P or P/J 5 string or a G&L 2500 I would love to try these.
[/quote]

I have a G&L 2500 - gonna need a bigger car :D

[quote name='GrahamT' timestamp='1488027599' post='3245141']
if anyone has a Fender P or P/J 5 string or a G&L 2500 I would love to try these.
Graham
[/quote]
It looks like your covered already but I am down as bringing a for sale, G&L Tribute L2500. I can switch it to my L1505 if there are a few of those already

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1488057750' post='3245558']
Oh I didn't remember that - i wont bother if you have one there already. No point cluttering things up
[/quote]
No worries, I'm sure that it won't be cluttered. Anyway mine may sell. It would be good to compare a tribby to a USA

[quote name='Dom in Somerset' timestamp='1488137144' post='3246227']
Hi,
only just spotted this and right now I can't find my diary! Put me down as a a probable...
(Fender Jazz, DA Bass Tele and maybe some other stuff)
[/quote]

Done.

PS Didn't know we had a sex farm just up the road :gas:

Hi again Scrumpymike,

I know a luthier, Graham Bradshaw, who lives and works from his home in Durston, on the Taunton-Glastonbury road. He is very experienced and a lovely guy. If you look at his website he has photos of a pair of Hohner headless basses (4 string lined fretless and 5 string fretted) that he has conjoined into one instrument for a customer - Awesome!

He is interested in coming along to meet us at the bash, show some of the work that he is doing atm and talk luthiery.
[email protected]

Graham

[quote name='GrahamT' timestamp='1488203594' post='3246721']
Hi again Scrumpymike,

I know a luthier, Graham Bradshaw, who lives and works from his home in Durston, on the Taunton-Glastonbury road. He is very experienced and a lovely guy. If you look at his website he has photos of a pair of Hohner headless basses (4 string lined fretless and 5 string fretted) that he has conjoined into one instrument for a customer - Awesome!

He is interested in coming along to meet us at the bash, show some of the work that he is doing atm and talk luthiery.
[email protected]

Graham
[/quote]

Thanks Graham, I've just sent him an e-mail - and he's a useful contact to have as the other local I was using (Kim Webber) is sadly no longer with us. Not had any reply from Mike Gillett btw and he's not answering his phone. Wonder if he's taking exhibiting at this year's London show.

[quote name='Chownybass' timestamp='1488203911' post='3246728']
Looks like the South West is a bit of a hotbed of guitar/bass activity. I know Zilla Cabs are also based down here. It's great to see how many of us there are :)
[/quote]

Anybody on the forum got experience of Zilla cabs?

[quote name='danbowskill' timestamp='1488222300' post='3246976']
Excellent :-) primarily Count me in ( need to check the diary ).more than happy to bring my Fender super bassman 300 head and ampeg cab for anyone to try , with a bundle of pedals.
[/quote]
[quote name='dave2115' timestamp='1488226889' post='3247042']
I will be along to have a good look around at everything Dave....
[/quote]
List updated.

[quote name='GrahamT' timestamp='1488301413' post='3247705']
Scrumpymike - I have phoned Mike Gillett and he will be coming to the bash with a selection of his beautiful acoustic basses.

He asks if you would please call him on 07962 666787 to confirm details etc.

Graham
[/quote]
Thanks Graham, just left a message on his voice mail. Also responded by e-mail to text message from luthier Graham; waiting for his confirmation.