Why become a member? ×

Orange cabs observation

dmccombe7

Having just bought an Orange OBC115 cab i thought maybe a 10" or 12" cab to give a bit clearer high end mids would be nice.

[b]Here's the rub :- Why have Orange built cabs that don't sit evenly with each other.[/b]

115 cab is 24" wide yet the 410 cab is 25" which means the 15 would be safer sitting on top. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Anyone else find this a wee bit annoying when you want a good all round full bass rig.

I know there are people that disagree with mis-matching speaker sizes but having used it for many years i just know it works well for me. The post isn't about the do's and dont's of speaker sizes just about manufacturer mis-matched cab sizes.

Dave

I've also used the 410+115 Orange stacks & never noticed the difference! Not sure what you mean by "safer" though? You'd need a hell of a over-hang before things start falling over!

Maybe Orange designed the cabs based on sound/performance rather than looks?

More than likely its a design more for sound than looks but every other cab designer has managed it.
I'm going by the spec on their website.
You would need to be big Arnie to knock over their 115 cab off the 410 i think. Only an inch in it but we could all do with an extra inch on the lw end :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave

[quote name='bassmachine2112' timestamp='1487414011' post='3239581']
[attachment=238377:orange.jpg] doesn,t bother me
[/quote]

White Orange OBC115 is nice. I was meaning the 410 and 115 cabs at 24 & 25" widths. How does that rig sound out of curiosity. Is it the 12 cab on top.

Dave

Hiho,It sounds big n beefy with loads of volume.I love the sound and quiet happily play with one cab most of the time but when a bit more welly is needed then I,m sorted.
The sound goes very big with 2 cabs at 4 ohm which is awesome,don,t know if changing the ohmage does anything for sound or it,s the speaker area but it,s huge.Trick with a Terror head is getting the EQ right.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='bassmachine2112' timestamp='1487702360' post='3242021']
Hiho,It sounds big n beefy with loads of volume.I love the sound and quiet happily play with one cab most of the time but when a bit more welly is needed then I,m sorted.
The sound goes very big with 2 cabs at 4 ohm which is awesome,don,t know if changing the ohmage does anything for sound or it,s the speaker area but it,s huge.Trick with a Terror head is getting the EQ right.
[/quote]

What EQ do you have set on your OBT?