Why become a member? ×

GK Neo 1x15 cab, experiences?

40hz

As per the title. I'm looking at a one cab solution to pair with my TC BH550. Does anyone use this specific cab? What's it like tonally? And does it shift enough air for smaller stages and smallish outdoor type gigs? Build quality any good?

Cheers in advance!

Edited by 40hz

I have one mate, but to be fair, I've never solo'd it at a gig/rehearsal. It has always been the extension cab to my neo 212.
Build quality is great, and is an easy lift for a cab if this size, as are most neo cabs.
To my ears at least, this is a very bright, tight and punchy cab compared to the 212, which has a more mellow feel by comparison. I wouldn't recommend it if you are after a big wooly sound.
Both cabs a amazing and at the price, I don't think you can go past them at all. You are welcome to come and try if you are nearby?
As to whether or not it would shift enough air, would really depend on how loud you band is, and how good your amp is at delivery the grunt I suppose, my Markbass TTE 500 does a pretty reasonable job of keeping up with two noisy guitarists with just the 212, when I used both cabs on Saturday night, the master didn't go past 9 o'clock 😄

Edited by Damonjames

Thanks for the low-down! Sounds great, just what I'm looking for. I'm in a 4 piece covers band, competing with guitar, subtle keys and a fairly restrained drummer, so sounds like it may do the trick! I had a GK mbe410 before and found it a very boomy cab. But this sounds like it will be a bit more focused. Thanks again!