Why become a member? ×

Chowny bass company...

Guest aDx

WOW!

I have ordered a Scott whitney bass (short scale) ash body/passive

I emailed scott whitney himself to ask about strings ... and he replied! WOW!

AND...

emailed Chowney about something and one better the man phoned me!!! (bet Fender, etc dont so that)

Top man!

Really really helpful and enthusistic! (only other company like this has been the bass centre)

So all in all... VERY chuffed!!!

Nice people make a difference!

Though I've never dealt directly with either before, I do like the look of those Chowny basses, and have heard good reports about them from owners. Scott Whitely seems like he must be a decent sort - I've watched several of his bass lessons, and he always comes across well in those. He breaks down some complex basslines, and demonstrates them very well. Top fella for putting all those high quality video lessons online for free too :)

Really was tempted by a Short Scale SWB a while back too! It's great that Mr Chowny actually phoned you himself too. I guess that smaller and relatively new companies have the ability to do that - Fender have so many customers, it might take a while for them to phone each one directly ;)

There's a left handed Chowney for sale on here that I can't quite put out of m mind and can't quite decide to put my hand up for either. Mainly because it's white, to be honest. I've always fancied an f-hole bass, just because, and at the price, well....but it's still white. They do seem like a reasonable instrument for a reasonable price, even new.

Aye it's a good idea, and the collaboration is also a good idea.

Chapman guitars seem to be the 'big' guys in the UK doing the overseas manufacturing, but they've missed the boat on having a good few basses in their range and the one they did (or are working on) is yet again reaching into metal territory.

• 4 years later...