Why become a member? ×

Calling all BassChatters!!!! PLEASE READ!! Only £71 from 50% of target... Anyone want to help with a bit of fundraising for charity??

carlsim

Hey everyone... I need a little favour from every BC'er who has a little generous spirit!

In April, I'm running the London Marathon for charity - Macmillan Cancer support to be more precise.

Running 26 miles is going to be quite a challenge for a slightly tubby bass player from Norfolk country and I'm looking for all the generous spirited bass players who would be willing to spare / sponsor a few measly pounds for a very worthwhile charity - one very close to my own heart.
I'm pretty sure we all know someone who has either directly or indirectly affected by Cancer and Macmillan provide essential support to those in need.

Anyway - I know many of you don't know me directly but I have dealt with many kind folk here on Basschat so some of you might remember me. I'm not asking for a lot - a couple of quid, a fiver or whatever you can spare would be very much appreciated in my quest to raise as much money as possible for Macmillan.

My VirginMoney just giving page is here:

[url="http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/carlsimmondsLM2017"]http://uk.virginmone...lsimmondsLM2017[/url]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]I can't offer anything in return apart from my wholehearted gratitude - if I can repay the favour with a dep gig for free (travelling within reason!) then I will do my best![/color][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]If you don't feel like sponsoring - I completely understand - feel free to leave a message instead![/color][/font]

Edited by carlsim

Overwhelmed by the generousity of BCer's so far... thanks to everyone who has donated to date!
Dmccombe7
Harryburke14
Keeponehandloose
Plus a couple of anonymous donations as well!
Thank you all so far - it is a great cause so keep 'em coming!!😀

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1487417214' post='3239624']
Paypal didn't work, donation by card payment worked fine.
Good luck with the race Carl. You'll do well.
Your next dep gig for me will be in Inverness next time i play there :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave
[/quote]

You're on mate! Not sure I get up that way often but will be happy to dep if I do!! 😆😆

Edited by carlsim

[quote name='carlsim' timestamp='1487422009' post='3239676']
You're on mate! Not sure I get up that way often but will be happy to dep if I do!!
[/quote]

Your good and no dep required. :lol:
Its a good cause. Glad i could help.
Just don't forget to keep us posted on how you do.
NOW GET OUT THERE AND DO SOME TRAINING. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave

[quote name='anzoid' timestamp='1487423219' post='3239693']
I'm in - Good luck Carl. Presumably you're running dressed as a bass guitar??
[/quote]
I don't think Macmillan would go for it but I reckon it would raise a few eyebrows!!
Thanks for the donation!!

Edited by carlsim

[quote name='OmeDunk' timestamp='1487442464' post='3239874']

+1 because international money transfers are way too heavy on fees
[/quote]

Hi guys,
Thanks for your generousity in advance. It does seem that the PayPal link is not working on mobile devices for some reason... it's a PayPal thing I think - I just tried the link on my PC and it works fine... can you get to a pc to donate??
If not... I know it's not the best option, but you can PayPal gift me the money and I will add it to the site in your name... my PayPal email is
[email protected]
If u would like to use that option. Sorry for the issue - out of my control I'm afraid...
Regards, Carl.

Thanks to everyone for the donations so far - everyone has been so generous!!
Anyone else?? All donations are for an extremely worthy cause...
Apologies for the issues with the PayPal link... there are several ways around. Cheers!!