Why become a member? ×

Cushioned and non-grippy strap

dmckee

I've been using Levi straps for years - the kind that are like seat belts. I like that they don't grip so I can move the bass around a bit as I play.

I've recently been getting a little shoulder pain in longer rehearsals though, so am thinking I might try something padded/cushioned, but it needs to be (a) not too wide or unusual looking, and (B) still nice and slidey (so not suede as many seem to be on the inside).

Any recommendations?

• 3 weeks later...

I´ve been using a gruv gear solo strap neo (10cm wide).Comfort wise, it does a great job. It distibutes the weight very well and doesn´t have much grip. Before this i was using a planet waves (7.5cm wide) and the gruv gear is much more comfortable, specialy after a couple of hours.
The dowsides: not cheap, and imo not the best design to adjust on the fly. Plus is a bit bulky.

Worth having a look at Neotech Mega strap. I got one quite recently and it is doing a good job of spreading the weight of one of my heavier basses and really comfy.

[url="http://www.alangregory.co.uk/music/Neotech_Mega_Bass_Guitar_Strap.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA0fnFBRC6g8rgmICvrw0SJADx1_zALa7hEUTNLUpuV1DLpaoxTZdp1gUr3cHcE_kjoeqo1xoCCSXw_wcB"]http://www.alangregory.co.uk/music/Neotech_Mega_Bass_Guitar_Strap.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA0fnFBRC6g8rgmICvrw0SJADx1_zALa7hEUTNLUpuV1DLpaoxTZdp1gUr3cHcE_kjoeqo1xoCCSXw_wcB[/url]