Why become a member? ×

Hughes & Kettner Bassbase 600 Amp, Footswitch & 3U case WITHDRAWN
£195

silverfoxnik

[b]*** WITHDRAWN ***[/b]

Hi Folks

Continuing my new year clear-out, here's another favourite piece of kit of mine; it's my [b]Hughes and Kettner Bassbase 600 bass amp[/b], which comes with the all-important [b]Footswitch[/b] and a [b]3U Stagg rack case [/b]to transport it around in.

I bought this here on Basschat from dougal back in 2010 I believe, and have used it consistently ever since,and it's done over 250 gigs in that time and never let me down. It's only ever given me great tone, a lot of power and plenty of headroom! The other great thing about this amp, is that it covers just about everything that you need, having two separate EQ channels, a tube pre-amp which really does add some grind to your tone if you want it, blendable FX channel, notch filter, bi-amp facility, DI and tuner out, separate headphone volume control and a mute switch - it really is quite brilliant!

Apart from one technical issue which i'm going to detail below, it's in excellent working condition and I'm looking for [b]£195 or near offer[/b] for the amp, footswitch and rack case.

By the way, the tube in it is the original Hughes & Kettner supplied 12AX7.

[b]On/off switch[/b]
As I say, the amp is working perfectly, but just recently the on/off switch has stopped working so that it's set to a permanent 'on' setting. I've got round this by plugging the power lead into an extension cable that has it's own on/off switch, and that allows me to control switching the amp on and off safely.

I'm not sure how much this would cost to fix, but I'm estimating [b]£40[/b] and have taken that into account when setting the selling price, which is as follows:

Amp = £160
Footswitch = £30
Rack Case = £30

If the switch was working, then I'd have priced the amp at about £200

[b]Photos[/b]
[attachment=238411:Bassbase 600 & Peavey 115.jpg]

[attachment=238405:Bassbase 600 a.jpg]

[attachment=238406:Bassbase 600 b.jpg]

[b]Links[/b]
See here for more info:

Manual: [url="https://medias.audiofanzine.com/files/hughes-kettner-bassbase-600-manual-473007.pdf"]https://medias.audio...nual-473007.pdf[/url]

Video: A German retailer's video about the amp: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OGq3XaR6kWs"]http://www.youtube.c...d&v=OGq3XaR6kWs[/url]

[b]Footswitch[/b]
When I bought the amp, it didn't have what they call the Bassbase stageboard for switching between EQ channels, activating FX loop etc, so I bought another almost identical Hughes & Kettner footswitch, and had it modified to work with this amp and it's great because it gives you even more versatility. This cost me about £45 to do in total, being £15 for the switch on Ebay and £30 to get it modified by my local tech.

[b]Technical info[/b]
Power - 650 Watts @ 4 Ohms 1010 Watts @ 2 Ohms
Poweramp - Dynaclip
Preamp - TubeTouch
Effects Loop - serial
Switching Functions - EQ on/off, A, B
Notch Filter - Yes
Headphones - Yes
Equalizer - 2-Band Varimetric A/B + Hi/Lo Bands
Tubes - 1x 12AX7
Speaker Outputs - 4-8 Ohms Speakon, 1x XLR parallel
Dimensions - 19"
Weight - 18,5 kg/41 lbs

[b]Weight [/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This is not a lightweight amp, weighing in at about 41 lbs, but that's because it really is built like a tank to extremely high standards and it has a big toroidal transformer that allows it to put out a lot of power and great bass response![/font][/color]

[b]Trades, shipping etc[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Just to clarify that I'm not looking for any trades on this thanks. Viewings welcome if you'd like to hear it first and I m happy to ship it at your expense..[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Any questions, please ask here or PM me.. Thanks for looking! [/font][/color] :)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nik [/font][/color]

Edited by silverfoxnik

Very true John!

This amp has outperformed every other amp I've had over the last 12 years (bar the Ampeg V4BH I bought from The Beedster), including Eden, Markbass, TE, TechAmp and most recently, a Thunderfunk 550, which I know you rate very highly.

It's also the most well made amp I've had too.

If I wasn't moving house soon and didn't need the space, I'd probably keep this.

Got to say as well, that this amp coupled with the SWR Triad that I'm selling, was my main gig rig for the last 5 or 6 years and although heavy to carry around, it sounded bloody marvellous in most of the local venues I played in.

I took it to Germany last year for a festival and it was great there too..