Why become a member? ×

Fender Roadworn Jazz Bass **SOLD**
£680

Rumple

Up for sale is my Fiesta Red RW Jazz, it's been my main bass for a good few years and I love it but recently I've discovered I'm much happier playing 32" scale basses so this isn't really getting a look in any more.

Note that the neck is non standard, cutting a long story short when I imported the bass from the US it had a slight twist to it so I had the fingerboard removed and the Maple plained flat before having a really nice new dark Rosewood board with clay coloured dots and truss rod fitted, this was done years ago and it's been stable ever since, it's an absolute joy to play, with low action, the only down side is an aesthetic one, the Rosewood behind the nut is a bit chunky and could have been shaped a little bit better (see pic) it's not noticeable from a distance but I thought I should mention it.

Comes fitted with a fetching pale mint green and the original tort scratchplate and aged thumb rest.

I'm in Sydenham South London and you are more than welcome to come and try the bass out.

[s]£680.00[/s] [s]£620.00[/s] [s]£600.00[/s] £580.00 now including UK mainline delivery.

I do have a large cardboard box so insured postage to the UK mainland at buyer cost is an option, quote on request.

I could do with recovering some cash really but I could be interested in trading against a MIJ Fender/Squier 32" scale Jazz Bass or 32" scale Maruszczyk Elwood.

[url="https://1drv.ms/f/s!An4ogWELaxK6gptMIq9IkEuaRBT8Kg"]PICS[/url]

Edited by Rumple

[quote name='therealting' timestamp='1487673372' post='3241638']
Photos don't seem to be showing mate. And if you decide to part with the medium scale Jazz ;)
[/quote]

Seem to working OK this end? yes I'll let you know about the medium scale Jazz if I decide to move it on :)

I know I keep banging on about it - but these Fender Roadworn basses are amazing! They have a lot of fans on here (generally anyone who owns one). Mine is in sunburst - and I wish I could justify having another - cos I do like them in Fiesta Red (alas, too many basses already)

I wouldn't have noticed the neck was particularly "different" - but I do like that dark rosewood fretboard :)
Anyhow, GLWTS - these are over £1100 new, so it shouldn't be here too long at that price
Cheers

BUMP for a price drop.

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1487857576' post='3243588']
I know I keep banging on about it - but these Fender Roadworn basses are amazing! They have a lot of fans on here (generally anyone who owns one). Mine is in sunburst - and I wish I could justify having another - cos I do like them in Fiesta Red (alas, too many basses already)

I wouldn't have noticed the neck was particularly "different" - but I do like that dark rosewood fretboard :)
Anyhow, GLWTS - these are over £1100 new, so it shouldn't be here too long at that price
Cheers
[/quote]

Thanks Marc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...