Why become a member? ×

Wedding music equipment

ped

Hi guys

I'm getting married in April and one of the only jobs I'm entrusted with other than appearing on the day is to sort the evening music.

During the day we have some cello people and so forth but during the evening she's decided one of the rooms at the venue will be where people go for a 'dance'

All we need I think is a few lights to jazz the room up a bit. I believe the venue has some powered PA speakers we can use but I wondered if anyone in Yorkshire has anything I could hire/borrow to enhance the room a little. What would people recommend? Probably just a couple of coloured light ball spiny things would be fine, but open to suggestions.

Cheers
ped

Hi ped,

Sorry, nothing to loan you for the big day (and I'm too far away anyway! lol) But I just wanted to say, if you really do need to rely on that in-house PA, I would go to the venue and check it out beforehand, and then check it's still working / in place a day or two before the wedding. I recommend this, as myself and mates have experienced problems with gear that came as part of a deal. e.g. No mics to be found, missing Speakon cables etc etc

Moreover though - best of luck for your big day. There's nothing like a bit of live music at a wedding too. My wife & I had live music all day & night, and it was rather fab. I managed to play in two of the bands too - which made the day even better IMO

Coloured lights and a glitter-ball or two will be a great addition to live music and / or a disco.
Cheers and best of luck finding equipment

Edited by Marc S

As far as we know as per our last meeting all we need to do is bring a laptop with our playlist - but yes if it becomes a problem I'll farm it out to someone else. The wedding is a small affair so we don't need a mini festival, just a few lights to have in the room really.

Got my wedding ring today - Tungsten Carbide, £14.99 reduced from £280 if you'll believe that!!! Looks and feels great though...

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1487601915' post='3241078']
As far as we know as per our last meeting all we need to do is bring a laptop with our playlist - but yes if it becomes a problem I'll farm it out to someone else. The wedding is a small affair so we don't need a mini festival, just a few lights to have in the room really.

Got my wedding ring today - Tungsten Carbide, £14.99 reduced from £280 if you'll believe that!!! Looks and feels great though...
[/quote]

Nice one! I've gone for a black titanium ring, kinda like the ones I've seen from EMBR on facebook but wanted to make sure it's comfortable

I suggested it would be easier if I did an ambient 6hr bass solo but she didn't go for it.
Just spoken to a guy locally who'll do it all for £150, sounds pretty good. I didn't ask him the sensitivity of his speakers or anything, doh!

As long as they've got heft you'll be fine :)

Seriously though, for £150 I'd let someone else do it, you can still be involved but if it packs up on the day you don't want to be running around trying to fix it, or more to the point, your new wife won't want you to be.

[quote name='bazztard' timestamp='1487650947' post='3241498']
Quick ! while there is still time .

Buy all the basses you will ever need, NOW !

coz after the day, SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED will be in charge of your bass purchases :)
[/quote]

Coincidentally I posted a NBD yesterday :)