Why become a member? ×

Gig bags

devil rides out

Hello all!

Not a particularly scintillating topic I am afraid, but I'm in the market for a lightweight but fairly protected bag to protect my Ibanez SR755.

I currently use this one- https://m.thomann.de/gb/thomann_e_bass_gigbag_premium.htm?o=2&search=1487617622

...and though it's great and sturdy, and I'll take it to gigs etc, it is very heavy and bulky for weekly use. Just need something a bit smaller for my long walk to practice.

Any recommendations appreciated!

[quote name='dand666' timestamp='1487674957' post='3241668']
MONO cases. /thread
[/quote]

Unfortunately not. I find my Mono M80 case very uncomfortable to wear on my back for any significant distance, and I know I'm not the only one with that problem. Also while it was the lightest of the new breed of semi-rigid cases when I bought it, it's very bulky compared with a standard £40 padded gig bag.

[quote name='devil rides out' timestamp='1487618254' post='3241268']
Hello all!

Not a particularly scintillating topic I am afraid, but I'm in the market for a lightweight but fairly protected bag to protect my Ibanez SR755.

I currently use this one- [url="https://m.thomann.de/gb/thomann_e_bass_gigbag_premium.htm?o=2&search=1487617622"]https://m.thomann.de...arch=1487617622[/url]

...and though it's great and sturdy, and I'll take it to gigs etc, it is very heavy and bulky for weekly use. Just need something a bit smaller for my long walk to practice.

Any recommendations appreciated!
[/quote]

That bag is small and not very bulky! Anything less is going to offer minimal protection!

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1487675476' post='3241677']
Unfortunately not. I find my Mono M80 case very uncomfortable to wear on my back for any significant distance, and I know I'm not the only one with that problem. Also while it was the lightest of the new breed of semi-rigid cases when I bought it, it's very bulky compared with a standard £40 padded gig bag.
[/quote]

Ah. I've had my Mono Vertical for a few years now. Been all round the world, on and off planes, ships e.t.c and It's not even got a scratch on it, it's fantastic.

That Thomann case is ok, but if you think that's too bulky you're looking at very little protection.

I settled on a Fusion F1 (now discontinued but there are still some around, substituted by their 'Urban' model).
They are not small. That's because they have very good protective padding. And pockets. Lots of pockets. The one thing they have to compensate for their 'bulk' (I mean, they're not huge either) is that they are designed like a good backpack and it's incredibly comfortable to carry even if you fill all the pockets with stuff.
When my Fusion F1 breaks (I had it for 3 years now,, constant use, still in perfect condition just a bit dirtier than when I bought it) I'll get another Fusion.