Why become a member? ×

SOLD ***Warwick Dirty Blonde****Excellent Condition plus hard case
£1500

Risk101

NB - Can't change the price above (£1,500) but I'm looking for [u]£1,400[/u] ONO!
Tuesday 28 Feb - Last reduction to £1,300 INC UK SHIPPING

This is my Warwick Thumb "Dirty Blonde" Limited Edition from 2006. If you know your Warwicks, you'll know that these have the unique Warwick growl/punch, but can also deliver a wide range of tones thanks to the P/TwinJ configuration. Key specs are:

- Birdseye Poplar Top with matching head-stock signed on the back by Hans Peter Wilfer
- Swamp ash back - this makes it really light at 8lbs 6oz (yes I did say 8 !!)
- beautiful flamed maple neck and perhaps even nicer Ebony fingerboard with "Gull" inlays.
- Satin finish and in fantastic condition, probably 9/10
- MEC pickups (P/TJ) with MEC 3 band electronics
- Volume control has push/pull for active/passive and same on stacked tone control for mid-sweep/slap
- String spacing (adjustable) at bridge currently 17mm
- 34" scale
- Warwick strap-locks

No mods, except I had Martin at the Gallery replace the graphite? nut with a Warwick brass "just-a-nut" which can give you a Marcus Miller style sound if that's your thing, and also had Martin clean the frets, fretboard and do a set-up so it plays brilliantly. New Warwick strings at the same time (I think 45-105) strung B-G.

This comes with a nice lightweight semi-hard case in reasonable nick, a Warwick User Kit, and also the original Certificate of Authenticity which is pretty rare to find.

I'm based in Essex, but work in Central London. Collection preferred but will post.

PM me if you are interested - I don't want a trade, as I have a custom Shuker on order (or will have v soon!).Let me know if you need any more info or pictures.w

£1,400 ONO NOW £1,300 Inc Shipping

Thanks for your interest

Dave

Edited by Risk101

OK, so I've seen a bass I'm really interested in but need to shift the Warwick first or the Mrs will kill me! Hit me up via PM with your sensible offers please 😀. In Essex/London but will post. Thanks folks!

• 2 weeks later...

Sent to BD a couple of days ago and apparently already sold! Will update listing immediately. If you are keen to get one, you should check out the German equivalent of "gumtree" as they pop up there fairly regularly.
Cheers
David