Why become a member? ×

I will be opening /playing my first Harley Benton tomorrow hb 35

hollywoodrox

I was just playing a mates 335 yesterday in the office, it's a beautiful bit of kit. Much more comfortable than I was expecting. And now you tell me there's a Harley Benton version? :o Suddenly getting an itchy buying finger...

Have you now got your mitts on it? Dying to see some pictures! Oh, and happy NGD / birthday! :D

Well funny story, it was very well made , brilliantly packed , neck pickup sounds amazing , bridge so so, for some reason, I just couldn't bond with it that sounds super weird, it's an instrument right, but I just couldn't feel anything for it, it played ok, just left me cold, not snobbish because it's a HB , my les Paul's are only epiphones , there was just nothing there!!!! I've wanted one for ages as I like guns n roses , stones and Aerosmith. And izzy, Keith, and joe play 335 type guitars and I always thought it would be cool to have one, but as it sat on the stand after playing, I knew I would pick up my les Paul's first , so I took advantage of thomann 30 day money back guarantee, they have sent me a free postage label and all I have to do now is cart it to the post office.

If you are interested in one they are brilliantly made, well mine was, well packed , good delivery and tracking and infinitely moddable, I planned to put a poker chip round my rhythm / lead switch have it all set up proper and even put some tonerider pickups in etc , perhaps I don't need it with having 2 les Paul's , anyway that's the whole sorry story, hope this is of some value or interest

Oh man, I'm gutted for you. Glad that you're able to get a full refund though.

I know what you mean about not having that "spark" with the guitar though; it may be just an instrument but often you can tell right away if you'll get on with something. Luckily I've never bought a guitar/bass where I felt like that, but I've played ones in shops that I just could see myself buying for no tangible reason, even if it was perfectly playable!

Got your eye on something else or will you be sticking with your Les Paul's? Epiphone LPs are the absolute business!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Hb seven string bass and a HB roundback acoustic electric guitar. They are both perfectly usable instruments. Yes they are cheap but for starter instruments, a million times better than the crap I started on in the 70s.

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1489516276' post='3257611']
I have a Hb seven string bass and a HB roundback acoustic electric guitar. They are both perfectly usable instruments. Yes they are cheap but for starter instruments, a million times better than the crap I started on in the 70s.
[/quote]

Golly... a 7 string bass as a starter instrument? lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...