Why become a member? ×

(No Longer Available) 1976 Franken Jazz Bass. Bell Bottom Vintage Jams Man!
£1250

Studio GC

A bit of a feeler to see if there is anyone local who wants to have a run through of this fine bass and give it a new home.

I pieced it together after finding a '76 jazz neck for a great price. The body is as close to a '76 as I can tell from the neck pocket stamps. You can see it was originally starting to be a sunburst. The black paint is rubbing through in places to expose the red underneath. Typical of Fender at the time to paint over with black when they messed up a sunburst.

Badass bridge (modern) but you often saw pictures of 70's basses with Badass bridges so still retains that 70's vibe.

Modern pickups and wiring harness. Pickups are Fender '64 Pure Vintage pickups which give this bass a really nice deep tone. With the bridge pick up rolled back a bit you really get a close to a P Bass tone.

Case is original mid 70's. Beat up, but perfectly functional. Tuners are Schaller and aged nicely to match the vintage bass.

I have added a small shim to the the neck pocket and there is a (typical) crack on the fretboard at the first fret. Doesn't affect playability.

The weight is 11 pounds (4.9 kilos). Hey, it's the 70's man....weight equals tone!

I have more detailed pictures of the neck pocket etc. Shoot me a note and I'll send you more.

Check my 100% positive feedback over at Talkbass.com (StudioGC).

Come on by if local and plug it in and give it a rip!

Edited by Studio GC

Update!

Will consider a trade (+cash, transfer, paypal etc.) for a Squier VM, CV Jazz. MIM Roadworn Jazz. Franken P Bass with Jazz neck. Mustang Bass. I basically want to spend no more then £550 on a trade bass. I need to get some money in the bank, but still need a giggable bass.