Why become a member? ×

Pool Hall Richard - Anyone have the music or tabs please?

thebrig

Does anyone have the music or tab to Pool Hall Richard please?

I know it's a straight forward song to play, and I can put my own take on the bass line, but I would like to know what exactly is being played on the original recording, for some reason I'm finding it hard to hear the bass properly.

I guess it's because my ears are well and truly shot! :(

Maybe if you play it, or have played it in the past, you could let me know what you do with it.

Thanks.

[quote name='casapete' timestamp='1487692800' post='3241893']
No music or tab I'm afraid, but a great tune. Think it was Tetsu on the recording, Ronnie Lane
having left the band just before.
[/quote]Yep! it was definitely Tetsu.

Saw the Faces live in '73 and '75, if I recall correctly. Always wondered who the Asian bass player was bouncing all over the stage in the latter.

Ronnie Wood who wasn't a bad bass payer himself, probably played his best guitar in the Faces. Always loved the look of his Zemaitis.

Wikipedia says of Tetsu Yamauchi;
"He retired from the [url="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_industry"]music industry[/url] in the mid 1990s and moved to the countryside with his family to live a quiet life, refusing to speak to anyone from the press. He considers it juvenile and vain for people his age to still be performing rock and roll, and refused invitations to take part in a Faces reunion."

Born in 1946, he would have been 49 in 1995...

Maybe I shouldn't even try to start at my age (54). On the other hand and given his credentials, I can understand why someone would say that.

Good luck with the search for notation. Like yourself, I often find the bass parts are lost in the older recordings. I found this on BC;
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/176068-andy-frasers-free-basslines/page__view__findpost__p__1651098

Following the link in that post resulted in an error message but the site owner's contact details are available if that's of any help. Let us know if you get anywhere with it please?