Why become a member? ×

Separate pedals for dist/OD

tonyquipment

Hello effects forum

Currently I split my signal

1 into OD with clean blend and 1 into synth no blend

The OD takes care of the low and middle register

The synth takes care of the high register

It's an overly distorted tone - almost guitar like fuzz/wall of sound distortion

Now I'm looking at replacing the synth with another OD or dist to take care of the high end

Any recommends ? It's a full boss set up

I was looking at an OS2 or something like that but not sure if anyone has used one on bass ? Maybe even an acoustic simulator as a random pedal... not sure how that will all sound together !

Is your signal spilt into two, a low frequency signal path and a high frequency signal path?

Or are you saying that the synth was set up to just effect the higher frequencies within the original signal path?

Just asking so that I know what you hope to do and what to suggest - obviously changing a synth for a OD will change the audio characteristics of your wall of distortion.

The second one!

The signal is split off by anLS2

I got an ODB3 which takes care of the low and clean mix

So I'm left with the SYB3 which I have set to have a raspy sort of high fizz.

The trouble is that it sometimes doesn't track that well with fast runs so I'm thinking a non tracking effect which will be an secondary overdrive or distortion

It's all experimental anyway and the GAS is creeping back in after a long hiatus!!

If your after something high gain and quite raspy/aggressive sounding maybe look in to a rat based pedal I love my fuzzrocious cat tail, but we are all different

https://youtu.be/B0sBYF22gMs

Also you could look at the lateral sounds Spore, a lot of sounds in there and it's made in Blighty!

https://youtu.be/bqWNJNOaxuQ

Sorry for the blatant YouTube channel add!

• 2 weeks later...