Why become a member? ×

Status 3000 SOLD
£665

ash

I bought this privately just over a week ago though it was advertised on eBay at the same time.
Status 3000 headless and has a non truss rod carbon graphite neck. This is an early version with a low serial number and the rare black painted neck. The bass has a walnut body in the classic Status 80's shape. Electrics are original with two Jazz type pickups, volume, blend and stacked treble and bass active eq. It's very simple but plenty of tonal options and lots of power!
It's not mint by any means but the body and neck are in very good shape and structurally sound. The brass tailpiece has a worn logo and lacquer. The three strap buttons are replacements. There is plenty of life in the frets and the bass balances perfectly and weighs in at around 9.4lbs. The neck is lovely to play although it has chips at the top and an area behind the 12th fret that has been worn. The chap I bought it from said that this was due to a dodgy guitar stand. It doesn't interfere with playability and should be easy enough to sort out if it bothers you. I'm only selling because I have the opportunity to buy one of my old basses back and I need to release some funds. I'd bought this for its compact size and convenience however I got a very cheap short scale bass which I can use as my 'travel bass'.
SOLD

Edited by ash

Thanks for the info I've edited the post, I think from what you and other Status owners have said this is definitely a non standard feature it's got a Status board and the previous owner had owned the bass for 7 years and hadn't made any mods. May have been a special order? Anyway apparently the concentric pots are a better option by all accounts as it's much more variable tone wise.

Edited by ash