Why become a member? ×

Which one is the bass that will end your GAS

fiatcoupe432

No such thing as an end to GAS, a Wal Mk3 5 would go a long way to sating it, but even then I'd still like a Spector NS5XL, a good 5 string jazz, a fretless..........the list goes on

At least my four string precision style GAS has been killed dead by my G&L SB2, that one's a keeper.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1487766886' post='3242567']
After many years on the bass guitar roundabout, I'm very happy with my Road Worn Precision. It's as good as any P I've played in four decades and it didn't cost thousands, which is good insurance against me moving it on...

...just need the matching Road Worn Jazz, now... :blink:
[/quote]

Like this you mean?!

[attachment=238780:IMG_0067.JPG]

As mentioned above I don't think GAS ever really goes away... It's not really based on having "The One" either I don't think.

I've tried to justify my bass gear by having different types (Wal Fretted and Fretless sixers for the main body of what I do and a P and a J for a more traditional option)... Trouble is with all those bases covered I still GAS for other stuff. I tried out an Fender Elite 5 string jazz the other day and now i want that even though I have no use for it whatsoever :mellow:

Edited by CamdenRob

Wal MK1. Since the day I picked up bass 14 years ago, it's always been top of the wanted tree. By the end of summer I hope to have finally put an order in to get the ball rolling!

Edited by 40hz

[quote name='40hz' timestamp='1487775668' post='3242732']
Wal MK1. Since the day I picked up bass 14 years ago, it's always been top of the wanted tree. By the end of summer I hope to have finally put an order in to get the ball rolling!
[/quote]

Let's say you get your Wal and it's everything you hoped it would be... what then..? :mellow:

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1487766636' post='3242561']
I disagree. If money was no object and every bass was available to buy you'd end up with more basses than you could possibly hope to play. In fact you'd become one of those queer creatures - a collector.
[/quote]I actually meant it too mean the lack of money. That is what is stops most of us.

Don't think GAS ever goes away (especially when you visit forums!), it can be delayed for a while (especially if you can't afford to buy anything else).

Very happy with my Faker's, they play great, sound great and look great IMO. I still GAS after a Ric, and other basses, but I'll just have to make do for now.

My [s]excuse[/s] reasoning is that each new bass is a new challenge to my playing technique, so once I get [s]good[/s] kind of ok with it, it suggests a new challenge.

So my GMR Bassforce 5 (first, and still the ultimate keeper!) inexorably led me on to my monster GMR single-cut 5, and my beautiful acoustic 5 (also a keeper) paved the way to her fretless sister.

I honestly do not want a bass I won't play regularly, and looking at the six around me, there's nothing to add and nothing that could be better. Oh, except that if I could find a GMR fretless 5 it would replace my superb GMR fretless 4.

What I do want is a new MarkBass amp, my old Marshall is kn@ckered...

The one I built...I find myself reaching for it without thinking. Has almost exactly the tone I have looked for, feels right and is pretty versatile. I would tweak the body shape a little but apart from that it's the best bass I've ever played.

Rickenbacker 4001 in white with black scratch plate. There was one in Andy Baxter's recently which was spot on.

http://andybaxterbass.com/details.php?id=880

Failing that, I'm 50 in a couple of years so a Y.O.B. 1969 Precision will be on the cards, assuming I make it.