Why become a member? ×

Which one is the bass that will end your GAS

fiatcoupe432

[quote name='TrevorR' timestamp='1487715785' post='3242185']
My two Wal basses (bought in around 1993 and 2001) have been a pretty effective GAS cure and neither are going to be sold any time soon (i.e. NEVER

[/quote]

Absolutely beautiful basses there and setup

Edited by fiatcoupe432

This is a trick question. The Greek is quite right. There is no cure for the GAS.

Ask any hi-fi buff from the seventies. Ask any hi-def buff from this era. You upgrade one piece of your system thinking it is the last piece in your puzzle and it exposes another (perceived) weak spot. This is a trap that enthusiasts fall into quite often, the upgrade cycle. It isn't long before you replace every bit of what you started out with and find you are still trying to scratch that "itch". It doesn't matter if you are into music, cars or computers; if you are [i]that[/i] enthusiastic, you will never be satisfied. I used to be like that until I realised I was missing the point - the music [u]not[/u] the equipment I was playing it on.

Now if I could get an affordable Warwick GPS Corvette 5 FL Bubinga, my life would be complete. Hahahahahahahaha! Yeah right.

I agree with the above (chris b ). Sometimes a nice bass calms it down and then people start talking about pedals or amps or straps etc. I think the root of the problem needs to be addressed - otherwise it is like trying to cure a gambling addiction by having a winning bet.

Edited by Burrito

[quote name='TrevorR' timestamp='1487715785' post='3242185']
My two Wal basses (bought in around 1993 and 2001) have been a pretty effective GAS cure and neither are going to be sold any time soon (i.e. NEVER!).

[/quote]

You really taught your drummer how to set up his crash cymbal so it won't damage the headstock of your Wal.

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1487761651' post='3242486']
I want a semi hollow really badly. I doubt that will be the end though. I also want a decent Jazz bass. The only cure is money,
[/quote]

I disagree. If money was no object and every bass was available to buy you'd end up with more basses than you could possibly hope to play. In fact you'd become one of those queer creatures - a collector.