Why become a member? ×

Whose band have been together the longest?

MacDaddy

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1487782523' post='3242860']
same line up?
[/quote]

Yup!
Though we did used to have another guitar player (only Chris Hasket!) - but he went back to the US (we didn't need 3, and besides, he was too good for us!), and a keyboard player (Jay Rayner!), who went on to do less musical stuff.
But we've got the original other 2 geetars, me, singer and drummer.

My band, Maple Road has been together for 12 years. I've been with them for the last 5 years. We still have the 2 founding members.

I'm actually only the 2nd bass player. However, we have been through several drummers.

Bkue

Edited by blue

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1487780531' post='3242830']
Just over a year in it's [b]revolving[/b] format I think and that's on a knife edge, lol.

I once joined a blues band as a temporary member as the proper guy had cancer and they had gigs booked, it wasn't my thing at all, about seven years later I realised I was the only original member!
[/quote]

I thought it was harsh... then I realised you didn't say "revolting"... :lol:

I have friends whose band has been going since the late 70s. While the line up hasn't been the same throughout, of the current trio, the guitarist and keyboard player are from the original line up (although the keyboard player left in the mid 80s and rejoined about 10 years later). The current singer has been in the band since 1980.