Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Ken Lawrence Braise -I 6-string
£2995

TorVic

Bass was made in 2002. Bought new from station-music.de. new price: 5950euros/ 5025GBP (original receipt included)

Includes an original fitted semi-soft case (will add photos of it soon)

Spec:

• Top wood: Myrtle
  • Body: Ash
  • Neck: Maple
  • Fretboard: Birdseye Maple
  • Pickups: Duncan Basslines Soapbars
  • Preamp: Duncan 3-band 9v
  • Weight: 4.5kg
  • Scale length: 890mm / 35"
  • String spacing at bridge: 19mm
  • Nut width: 53mm
  • Preamp: Seymour Duncan active 3-band 9V

Has an amazing crisp, clear, focused, sound. Insane sustain! Straight neck with a low action - have not adjusted it or repaired it or modified anything.

Edited by TorVic
SOLD

• 1 month later...

Ooh that hurts a bit too see this one.
I'm the original owner.
Best bass I ever had, played it for over ten years and never had gas for any other bass.
It sounds good for any kind of music and reacts so well to changes in playing style.
Only reason I sold it is because I have a seriously bad back and it was just too heavy for me.

Saw this bass at the Frankfurter Messe, played one note (really just one) and thought this one is special.
They allowed me to take it over to the Glockenklang stand to try it out on the amp I was then using and I was floored.

Station-Music agreed to put the bass on hold for me, drove home that night and the next morning I put my two Lakland USA five strings up for sale to fund the purchase.
Didn't regret it a single day.

The one who buys this one will be a lucky guy.

And the built quality is amazing.
In over ten years I never adjusted the truss rod and nothing ever crackled (electronics) and all the knobs, tuning pegs and screws remained tight as when I first bought it.

Thanks for sharing your history with this wonderful bass. I completely agree on the build quality of this one and the feeling on first trying that this is something extraordinary.

Simply can't hold on to it without putting it to good use and need to reduce the collection. I'm pretty sure there'll never be another one like this in my collection but I will be glad to have just had it for a while.