Why become a member? ×

5 String Double Ball End Strings

MuddBass

Hi All,

I've snapped my surfboard looking at the net to find a good (cheap?) supplier of the strings I use on my headless 5 string bass.

Has anyone got a good source for buying these at sensible prices?

I use La Bella 045 ~ 128 Double Ball System / Steinerger.

Stringbusters.co.uk, where I usually get my other strings, don't list a 5 string set.

What sort of duty would I have to pay if I imported say 5 sets from one of the numerous USA websites listing these?

Any ideas :)

Thanks

Greg

There was a chap on eBay selling about 12 sets of Trace Elliot strings for very little recently - not sure if they sold or not, but they aren't there now, but I have seen them crop up every now and then, so keep em peeled!

Welcome to the site Greg!

ped

[quote name='kjb' post='32712' date='Jul 16 2007, 08:40 PM']I use Status DB end on my headless Sei 6'er.

I don't think you can really beat them, and the price is excellent.

It's a pity that Elixir don't make a set.[/quote]

Yes, & it's a pity DR don't do them (to my knowledge) either.....

Surely the bass string makers know there is a market here? Or would it not make them enough £££?

:)

Edited by five-string.co.uk

I just got an package of DBs from Status Graphite: they me did a bit of "ego-polishing" by twigging that the single strings I ordered were actually custom 5-string sets, and printing that on the package label. Makes my sets of .025 - .105 seem almost "normal". :)

(I have a Hohner B2V, and have settled on High-C tuning for it: the low B was never solid, and I rarely used it anyway.)

Edited by bnt

• 3 weeks later...