Why become a member? ×

Moollon

JamesBass

Asian vintage Fender copyists, seemingly very good at what they do judging on the clientele!
Probably set you back about £2k I think?!
Someone on here has one I think, hopefully they'll be along :)

If it were my money, I'd probably go for an Olinto bass by La Bella. Handmade by Mas Hino in Brooklyn.

Si

[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1487859243' post='3243617']
Paging Camden Rob.
[/quote]

I'm here... sorry was on another call...

I have a Moollon Classic P which I ordered last year.

Faded Sonic Blue with a Mint guard...

Like you I had P GAS but wanted something a little different.

Not sure how much I read into the bumpf about emulating Pre CBS Fenders but it is an exceptional instrument. Light, beautifully crafted, with a lovely purity and resonance to the tone. I'm also very fond of the clay dots and dark ebony fretboard... it has a wonderful figure to it.

They are made in small batches so you have to wait a little while for them to be put together post order. Very easy process though, communication was great throughout. When I ordered mine (around this time last year I think) It was $2299 and then the import duty on top, so they are not cheap but it's a wonderful instrument and I don't begrudge a penny of the cost :)

Interestingly of all the basses I've been through over the years it's this one that has generated the most interest by far... I've had Three BCers over for a test drive, chat and cup of tea over the past year. You'd be more than welcome to come and try it for yourself if you find yourself at a loose end in North London of an evening any time soon...

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1487874366' post='3243824']

Not sure how much I read into the bumpf about emulating Pre CBS Fenders but it is an exceptional instrument. Light, beautifully crafted, with a lovely purity and resonance to the tone. I'm also very fond of the clay dots and dark ebony fretboard... it has a wonderful figure to it.

They are made in small batches so you have to wait a little while for them to be put together post order. Very easy process though, communication was great throughout. When I ordered mine (around this time last year I think) It was $2299 and then the import duty on top, so they are not cheap but it's a wonderful instrument and I don't begrudge a penny of the cost :)

Interestingly of all the basses I've been through over the years it's this one that has generated the most interest by far... I've had Three BCers over for a test drive, chat and cup of tea over the past year. You'd be more than welcome to come and try it for yourself if you find yourself at a loose end in North London of an evening any time soon...
[/quote]

Looks smashing that!

Thank you everyone!
[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1487874366' post='3243824']

[/quote]
Hey Rob, thanks for the info, sadly I'm not due north London way for quite some time, if I am up that way I shall drop you a PM and see if we can maybe meet. Would you say dropping them an email is the best course of action?

James

[quote name='JamesBass' timestamp='1487930836' post='3244197']
...sadly I'm not due north London way for quite some time, if I am up that way I shall drop you a PM and see if we can maybe meet. Would you say dropping them an email is the best course of action?
[/quote]

Just drop me a PM on here if you happen to be in the area, I always pick them up as it's linked to my emails :)