Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Squier Vintage Modified Precision 5 string - £250
£250

lownote

Hm, seems "Fine! Buy another bass" doesn't include the 26th one. So my recently purchased Squier Vintage Modified Precision 5 string in white is up for sale (sigh). This one is pretty much as new.

If you're not sure about whether you'll like a fiver, you'll like this one. The strings aren't too close together and its not that big a jump from a four string.

If you've read up on these lovely basses you'll know they punch way above their weight (which isn't that heavy at all for a 5). Good finish and quality construction, great balance (no neck dive) great maple fingerboard, smooth frets. Good sound from the pickups in OE form but swapping out the original loom for a KiOgon loom with top end pots and cap makes a huge difference. So I have done that, resulting in a great pro sound. Even the B string is good and clear. Great sustain.

Fully set up with a nice low action and brand new D'Addario nickel roundwounds. Dunlop straplock pins fitted.

Looking for what I paid - £250 for the bass and I'll take the hit on the strings and loom. New with the loom and strings this would be nearer £400.

Happy to post for an extra £20, which includes full insurance and well packed.

Edited by lownote12