Why become a member? ×

Giving up on upright bass

artisan

So I am quitting my current band & also quitting playing double bass too.
I guess I've got bored with the whole Rockabilly Country thing so have moved on to something completely different.
My new band,which is a Black Sabbath tribute band,has no place for a DB & I am really enjoying playing much more challenging bass lines on BG.
Currently I only have cheapo bass guitars & need to raise cash for something nice,so keep your eyes on the for sale section for a very nice Duke Bass appearing soon.

Sorry to hear that artisan :(

Maybe just take a bit of a break from DB playing? You never know, you might regret giving up & selling a nice Duke DB
I couldn't play my DB for ages - and I really missed it! I'm glad I play both, even though the band I played DB in folded a while back...
I'm now in another band, playing DB and loving it more than ever. Remember, there are many styles, and ways to play a DB

Good luck with your decision anyhow, and glad to hear you've settled in a new band

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1487850857' post='3243490']
keep your eyes on the for sale section for a very nice Duke Bass appearing soon.
[/quote]

Nnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!

idontneedanotherbass
Idontneedanotherbass
idontneedanotherbass
Idontneedanotherbass
idontneedanotherbass
Idontneedanotherbass
idontneedanotherbass
Idontneedanotherbass

Has he gone yet? Can I come out?

Too bad you have to part with the DB. I think you'll miss it ;) But it's always something you can return to. Our originals band, The Now Nows, play a mixture of rock, punk, country and funk all acoustic....guitar, DB and cajon. And while we've covered a few hard rock songs, Sabbath would be challenging :) Best of luck on the new direction.

Edited by TPJ

Onwards and upwards I'd say. Sell the DB, buy yourself a great electric bass and get stuck in to something new and challenging. You can always buy another DB (as mentioned above). Post some pics if the bass you buy, and best of luck with the change in direction.

Hey Artisan, I might be able to help there. I live in Harrogate, have had a bit of GAS for a DB for ages, and have a 2003 USA Precision in virtually mint nick that I would be willing to trade for your DB. Is that of any interest? PM me or drop me an email on [email protected] . If they can put up with a learner, I might even be able to fill in your old band position on electric bass whilst I learn how to wrestle the DB into action, but I think that would be just too much of an amazing coincidence to expect it all to work out.
All the best whatever, Rich

Edited by Bassman Rich