Why become a member? ×

Celluloid jazz/precision bass plates (tortoiseshell)
£23

i have plates to sell, with a thick layer of celluloid. I'm using one myself now on my own P bass. Apparently they fit a US and MIM perfectly according to reports from basschat members, and fit a VM pretty well too. See the pictures below that they have kindly taken the time to post.

dark brown early 60s style or later-style mid brown

NB There is a sheet of plastic film on them, but you can see the depth of the top layer.

£16.50 each plus postage at cost (2.95)

I'm happy to use BACS or Paypal, but would appreciate not getting fees

I have a few dark brown Jazz plates with screws, that Norris was kind enough to try on his MIM jazz for me (I don't own one any more) - he said they fitted fine. £18 for those, with screws

Ead advises me that whilst very pretty, they do NOT quite fit the '96 MIK Squier 50th Anniversay Bass as the original is very slightly larger.

I'm happy to send you one on a Fit or Return basis, provided that you send it back in the original state.

thanks

Edited by Geek99

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1487939944' post='3244357']
i have plates to sell, with a thick layer of celluloid. I'm using one myself now on my own P bass.

dark brown 60s style or later mid brown There is a sheet of plastic film on them, but you can see the depth of the top layer.

£23 each plus postage at cost.

[b]Please be aware that it is listed elsewhere and so may disappear[/b]

thanks
[/quote]

Are these guards exact Fender USA Precision replicas? (To fit USA Standard Precision holes etc)

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1489100142' post='3254471']

Are these guards exact Fender USA Precision replicas? (To fit USA Standard Precision holes etc)
[/quote]
I will ask the guys who bought them what models they fitted them to. Mine is a bass doc model so I couldn't say for certain and wouldn't want to mislead you.
One commented that it was a perfect fit but I didn't ask to what. They are noticeably heavier than your average aftermarket plate

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' timestamp='1489136031' post='3254563']
I've fitted mine to a US P bass without any need for modification. It doesn't have the trussrod access notch however, but I didn't find that problematic as I remove the pickguard to adjust the action anyway.
[/quote]
[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1489136177' post='3254567']
Thanks to OHM for taking the time to add that,

@dood if you don't find it fits, send it back to me unused and all It will cost you is the postage
[/quote]
[quote name='Meddle' timestamp='1489356581' post='3256370']
I fitted mine to my 2014 MIM Precision bass. Screws went in perfectly on the vertical. No crooked screws and no holes needing re-drilled. This is the dark brown variant.

[/quote]

Thank you for taking the time to post pictures. Seems pretty good to me. I would like a Dark Brown Tortie guard, so will drop you a message Geek'

Amazing look... It fits Squier Vintage Modified PJ Bass.... It has been fitted without drilling but some of the screws did not match perfectly (a bit angled) but do I care? It`s for playing music not for watching screws(?) Am I right?

I've posted a build thread with my 'Dark Brown Tortie' fitted. Yup, a great fit and the screws were, as described above, very close to spot on with my official USA guard.

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/303227-fender-deacon-ification-mkii-late-70s-mid-80s-era/

Very nice, can't go wrong for the money!